• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cert expired for Adobe Reader DC update .msp files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC updates released in February ( http://armdl.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1901020098/AcroRdrDCUpd1901020098_MUI.msp and

http://armdl.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1901020098/AcroRdrDCUpd1901020098.msp )

, I am receiving error messages on my SCCM server:

"Signature check on downloaded binary has failed".

2019-04-01 16_27_50.png

After downloading the file manually, I checked the certificate used on the .msp package.

The certificate used expired on 3/15/2019:

2019-04-01 16_26_17.png

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

I was able to get these updates to download by accepting the (expired) certificate under Administration -> Security -> Certificates section of the SCCM console.

2019-04-05 00_26_14.png

After I unblocked the cert, I searched for the update under All Software Updates (Vendor = Adobe) -> "Publish(ed) Third-Party Software Update Content" -> Checked the SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT.log for "Successfully added content" -> Configured the Software Update Component to run a sync in 10 mins -> the update is now listed as not metadata

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, any plans to fix this?

The code signing certificate has been expired for several weeks. The Product Updates page also contains an expired certificate.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6621

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

The team says the cert is valid and has asked if you're using the latest SCUP catalog. You should be seeing an exp date of 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as SCUP goes, this functionality is now builtin with the release of SCCM 1806 (Enable third party updates - Configuration Manager | Microsoft Docs ).

So there's no longer the need for the SCUP application.

2019-04-03 20_37_27.png

As far as catalogs, I have added all of the catalogs listed on the following Adobe Page: SCCM-SCUP — DC Windows Desktop Deployment to my SCCM site (see screenshot above). It seems as though some of the catalogs on that page have certs that are no longer valid.

Please advise if there is a different page that has Adobe catalog URL's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the catalog/cert issue will be resolved in the next update. Probably next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.  Is this the correct page that I should be using for your list of catalogs?

SCCM-SCUP — DC Windows Desktop Deployment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get these updates to download by accepting the (expired) certificate under Administration -> Security -> Certificates section of the SCCM console.

2019-04-05 00_26_14.png

After I unblocked the cert, I searched for the update under All Software Updates (Vendor = Adobe) -> "Publish(ed) Third-Party Software Update Content" -> Checked the SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT.log for "Successfully added content" -> Configured the Software Update Component to run a sync in 10 mins -> the update is now listed as not metadata only. I was then able to download the update to my software update package and add to my software update group.

2019-04-05 10_12_57.png

This is not a preferred approach as accepting expired certs is not ideal, but it allowed me to download Adobe Reader updates.

I checked the certs on the following page: SCCM-SCUP — DC Windows Desktop Deployment and there are still 3 catalogs that have expired certs:

2019-04-05_9-49-15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, thanks for your diligence. I agree it's not optimal. As mentioned above, this will be corrected next week.

I'm also forwarding these posts to engineering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is a few months old ...

But i didn't want to open a new one, because we have the same issue now.

The Certificate is expired again. The certificate wich the msp is signed with, is expired in December 2019.
ExpiredCert.jpg

We are using the following Catalogs:

URL: http://armmf.adobe.com/arm-manifests/win/SCUP

File: ReaderCatalog-DC.cab

Same problem with the FlashPlayer Update Catalog:

URL: https://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/distribution/win

File: AdobeFlashPlayerCatalog_SCUP.cab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines