• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-XD changed to Chinese and Language setting is unavailable (greyed out).

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today when I launched Adobe XD the UI was in Chinese, and when I try to access the Language under Help (within Adobe XD) setting it is unavailable/greyed out. Previously the UI language was English. 

How to get it back to English?

Some details:

• I am on Windows 10 - and my Windows display language is set to English  (United States), my "Preferred languages" setting is English (set to default) and Swedish. Region/Country is set to Sweden. 
  • I am on company subscription, with full access to all (or most) Adobe apps. My other installed Adobe apps (Photoshop/Illustrator/CC) are in English. 
  • I use to work in China before, but since one month ago my work location is Sweden. 
  • The Adobe subscription was setup during my time in China. 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

We have resolved the issue of a user and it seems that the issue is related to the country code which is set under the account. If it is set to CN or China so need to change or update it depending on the identity type.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Hello, 

It seems that your country code is set to China (CN) under your account which might be causing the issue. Kindly confirm if you are in China. If not you can check this help document to change the country code: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/policy-pricing/change-country-associated-with-adobe-id.html. If you are not able change the country code then you can raise the request to change country code to your current location by contacting our team directly by initiating a chat sessio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.  I am working with our backend team and will share an update very soon. I appreciate your patience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now de-installed the latest version 26 and installed an older version - 25.3.12.1 and now I am back to English, and can access the Language menu within Help. 

So seem to be a problem with latest version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience with this Adobe XD issue with the whole community. Surely the team will make the necessary checks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure - let me know if you need any additional info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly. We thank you for your availability 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very strange. I suggest getting in touch with the tech support team using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m We want you to be using the latest version. Let me know if you need additional info or assistance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am on an enterprise account the issue has been reported by our "enterprise admin" to their Adobe support channels. 
I also tried updating to the just released v27 of XD but the issues persists. 

For me XD is currently unsuable, right now I am on 27 (Chinese UI) and CC software only supports rollback to 26, where the issue started, and if I somehow manage to rollback to 25 I cannot open the design files that are from newer versions.

A team mate in China also have the exact same issue, but for her the issue is not critical as she is Chinese.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-02-13 020528.png

Same issue to me!!! need help.

A few days ago I used XD in English, but after some day it changed into Chinese and though I can't access language option in XD help menu.

Anyone can help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble with the language setting of XD UI. Would you mind checking the language setting of your Creative Cloud app as mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/change-install-language.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

English (North America) for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that. Would you mind confirming if you have install XD via a Creative Cloud app or you got a package?

We would also suggest checking these language of your system. Please see the attached screenshot below

image (2).pngimage (3).pngimage (4).png

I am also moving this post to our Enterprise team so that our experts can help you and assist you further.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Harshika,

I have the same issue as described in this post.

I just read the full thread, tried all suggestions to solve this issue, including checking if any system language setting is set to China on this laptop, but seem unable to fix the problem.

I had a personal account and just created a new account corporate account to see if that would solve the issue, but it also didn't.

There doesn't seem to be a way to reach Adobe support team, there are no options to actually contact support following any of the support links in this thread.

Can you switch my country code for both my personal and corporate account from China to Netherlands?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paul,

I have sent you a private message with the resolution. Please check and confirm if you are still facing any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Kindly check and confirm the primary language which is set in your machine under the "Language & Region" section.

This option is available under "Settings" in Windows and "System Preferences" on Mac.

Try to set the primary language to English and re-launch Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer is replying to me saying that he is not able to reply to this thread anymore since I moved the post to the Enterprise& Teams Community.

Customer Response" 

Seems like both of you (Harshika and Techburner) are asking for same info:

And firstly - please note that I cannot reply in the post after it was moved to Enterprise & Teams section - hence I need to send you these messages.

My first post contains some description already - please check.

----
I am on Windows 10 - and my Windows display language is set to English (United States), my "Preferred languages" setting is English (set to default) and Swedish. Region/Country is set to Sweden.

----

Additional info:

System locale is set to: English (United States).

I do not have the Location tab (in Region) on my Windows - assume this has been removed by our IT department using Windows policies.

My very unqualified guess on what is causing this issue is:

As I write in my original post my Adobe subscription was started when I worked/employeed in China (now I am back in Sweden).
Usually there are some different setups (due to regulations) for SW released in China - for example I currently cannot use the Creative Cloud storage - which I assume might also be because there is some "flag" that this is a Chinese subscription - and then this also causes my the UI language to for a strange reason get forced to Chinese..."

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm also unable to replay to this thread.
I'd like to inform you that I couldn't solve this issue yet.

I tried to install Adobe XD in two ways.
First, using XD-Setup.exe (online installer downloaded last year but lost
after finish installation), but not works, language menu was greyed out.
Second, using Creative Cloud Desktop, also not works, same above.
Once I uninstalled XD and reinstalled using CCD and re-lunched XD, it
seemed to be working, but when I clicked Feedback button it suddenly
changed to Chinese. oops..

Please not that I checked the language & region setting of OS and CCD, but
they are all set to English & US.
The more critical issue for me is network traffic since it is not small
size for me. ( I repeated install-uninstall for many times)
@NiklasN
's
reply -> I do not have the Location tab (in Region) on my Windows - same
for me

Looking forward hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

Zhen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would request you to raise a support case from the console so that our support agents can gather more info and troubleshoot that for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I'm running on OS Sierra and I also have the same problem. It happened yesterday when I upgraded to Version 27. I tried to downgrade to Version 26 (still shows CN).

I have checked all language settings (they should be correct, US - English).

Version 25 is not available for download (even if I do, I will not be able to open latest files).

I hope the Adobe Community Professionals would give us feedback soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have resolved the issue of a user and it seems that the issue is related to the country code which is set under the account. If it is set to CN or China so need to change or update it depending on the identity type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. Apparently, I'm on a corporate license account thus I cannot force my regional license. Our IT guys managed to change the license for me through their admin console.

Thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue, and spent 4 hours discussing with Adobe Hotline, and it is not solved at all. I have a company account and Admin and I are not able to find where the Country Code is set and where it can be changed. It was never set to CN, so we do not know where it comes from!

Please let me know with pictures for MacOS how to change the country code!

Danke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

and one more comment, in the Creative Cloud App, my language setting is allready set on English (International), if this is the place where to change the language... All other programms installed in English without problem ony Adobe XD installs in Chinese and the possibility to change the language is greyed ... so I can not change the Language of the Adobe XD Programm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same issue. there's no place the change the language, also the XD tool can not be isntalled through the exntentions.

I am using MacOS catalina, language set to ENG!

Please help to solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

It seems that your country code is set to China (CN) under your account which might be causing the issue. Kindly confirm if you are in China. If not you can check this help document to change the country code: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/policy-pricing/change-country-associated-with-adobe-id.html. If you are not able change the country code then you can raise the request to change country code to your current location by contacting our team directly by initiating a chat session, click on the chat icon on the bottom right corner of this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines