Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading when AUSST not reachable

New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking into setting up AUSST at our school but wondering what happens when the computers can't contact our AUSST server.

If it can't contact our on-site update server will it automatically get the update from the normal Adobe servers or will it just throw an error and not work?

Wondering mainly for when the students go home and leave our network they would no longer have access to our AUSST server but ideally we would still want them to be able to download the applications from the Adobe servers when at home, but our own server when at school.

Similarly, if you set AUSST to only download certain applications will the clients download those from the AUSST server and get anything else from the Adobe servers?

Thanks

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Hi,

The overrides file always redirects the client to the AUSST server. It is not location aware.

If the AUSST server is unreachable then the update will fail, it will not default to the Adobe servers or download 'non AUSST' updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Enterprise & Teams​ community.

Looping in ALBLACK​ for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The overrides file always redirects the client to the AUSST server. It is not location aware.

If the AUSST server is unreachable then the update will fail, it will not default to the Adobe servers or download 'non AUSST' updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are there any plans on changing this behavior? “Bring your own device” is on the rise and providing updates for our students without severely reducing the available bandwidth of the entire campus is important. But if our students cannot update when they are at home (or worse, we need to provide an external IP address which again would increase bandwidth usage) the AUSST pretty much becomes useless. This seems to be an incredibly flawed implementation (Not having a fallback is never something I would consider flawless). In case this is not currently planned, is there a way to create a feature request? Thank you and best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, We have an existing feature request for this. I have added your feedback to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any updates on the status of this feature? I've been waiting years for this. I can't deploy AUSST if my users are unable to update or install apps when they're off campus, and so we're stuck wasting thousands of gigabytes of bandwidth every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Update on This? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still seems to be an issue and with everyone working from home during COVID its even bigger headache to support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround for users working at home with admin rights, you can remove the overrides file from their machine. The location for different platforms can be found here https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/enterprise/package/help/update-server-setup-tool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thanks for reply, majority of our users dont have admin privs. I am looking more for a fix solution then adding and removing files for everytime user leaves office. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional information. The current functionality of AUSST does not allow for this as it is designed for organisations who do not want users to go to Adobe for downloads. The covid situation is a new circumstance and I can request that we look again at this functionality in light of that. I would add that this is unlikely to be implemented in the short term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines