• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How create uninstall package for CC 2019 package created in Admin Console ???

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Since the Adobe customer chat seems unavailable... for hours now I'm hoping to find an answer here:

I've created a package for the deployment of the Adobe CC 2019 suite apps within our company. I did that using the Admin Console (as the creative cloud packager tool doesn't work anymore for 2019 apps). No problem so far

But now I would like to create an uninstall package, how do I do that? I can't seem to find an option for that in the Admin Console...

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems with this. If the Control Panel is not showing you which app is left over then try running the Cleaner tool - Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Failing that you would need to gather logs and reach out to support, they can have the installer engineering team check for issues.

How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool

You can open a support case either from your Admin Console support tab or from here: Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can use Creative Cloud Packager to build an uninstall file for CC 2019.

For example in the screenshot below Photoshop '2019' is version 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you didn't create the installation package using the Creative Cloud Packager ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, it seems to work BUT not for all apps, some are left behind: CoreSync, CC Library and Adobe XD CC.

In the registry I found the uninstall strings but these are not silent.  Is there a way of uninstalling these 3 apps silently???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As not everything is uninstalled (see previous message) using the Creative Cloud Packager, I can't mark my question as being "answered".

Adobe: please give us (admins) a decent tool to silently UNinstall ALL components of the suite. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CoreSync and CC Library are core components of CC that manage assets and are associated with the CC Desktop App - they are not applications themselves. If you are retaining that app or other CC apps then it would be expected for those to remain. Is that the case?

Otherwise with a full uninstall they should be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to uninstall everything. The majority of apps indeed gets uninstalled but in the "Programs and Features"-list, there's still Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Creative Cloud.  Plus: when I have a look in the registry, I still found traces of CoreSync, CC Library and Adobe XD CC being present.

Acrobat DC is not a problem, I know how to uninstall this (it's MSI, so no problem).  So I was hoping that upon uninstalling the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app, CoreSync, CC Library and Adobe XD CC would be gone as well (since there's no way of uninstalling it via a GUI option).  But when I try uninstalling the desktop app (using "Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe -uninstall"), it says: "Couldn't uninstall Creative Cloud for desktop. You still have Creative Cloud applications installed on your computer that require it.".

So, question remains: what do I do to completely remove ALL apps SILENTLY ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information.

I have tested this here with an uninstaller set to remove everything (choose Select All in the CCP interface).

Apps were uninstalled as expected but not the CC Desktop App.

We do have a tool that will remove the desktop app and the document that follows includes tips on silent uninstallation. Note that all CC apps must be removed first.

Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used that tool as well, but it says:  "Couldn't uninstall Creative Cloud for desktop. You still have Creative Cloud applications installed on your computer that require it."...

I guess it's because Adobe XD CC is still present (doesn't seem to get uninstalled using the AdobeCCUninstaller.exe).  But I can't find a SILENT uninstall command for that…  -->  EDIT: now I found a way to uninstall XD silently (using Remove-AppxPackage powershell command).  But even after the removal of XD, Creative Cloud desktop uninstaller still says applications are present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have Acrobat on the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed Acrobat DC.  Acrobat Reader is still present, but that's included in our default image, we can't uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would build an uninstaller and choose the Select All option to remove everything.

Is it possible to test removing Reader and then CCDA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that, but nothing helps. Still the message: "Couldn't uninstall Creative Cloud for desktop. You still have Creative Cloud applications installed on your computer that require it."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems with this. If the Control Panel is not showing you which app is left over then try running the Cleaner tool - Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Failing that you would need to gather logs and reach out to support, they can have the installer engineering team check for issues.

How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool

You can open a support case either from your Admin Console support tab or from here: Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read about that tool... but there seems to be no decent way of running that tool silently.  Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The document mentions running silently.

"Run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool in silent mode to list all the products that the tool can remove. It enables you to remove all CC or CS apps installed on the computer, or to remove selected apps by commenting out the lines in an XML file that the tool generates"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines