• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Acrobat DC Pro on Windows Server 2016 (Program close right after start)

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC Pro close itself right after start.

I know someone already ask the same question years ago. But this problem still not yet solve.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2249430

The version of Acrobat DC Pro is 2015 Classic. An update which released on 13-Nov-2018 was installed.

Adobe support was remote to my server attempt to solve the problem. But failed and gave me the link below and said install on Windows Server need special steps.

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/licensing.html#imagedeploy

Do I really need to use the Wizard to create a custom installer for the installation on Windows server?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019
  • Serialized image: If you are licensing with a serial # you need to create an image using the instructions above.
  • Wizard: Optional. Use the Wizard to to customize the installer prior to deployment. For example, accept the EULA, enable/disable certain features (updates, services), configure security, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Serialized image: If you are licensing with a serial # you need to create an image using the instructions above.
  • Wizard: Optional. Use the Wizard to to customize the installer prior to deployment. For example, accept the EULA, enable/disable certain features (updates, services), configure security, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe, 

I would like to provide more information about the queries to Adobe. 

The target server with OS MS Server 2012 R2 installed. We are using C# .net framework 4.5.2 to develop the console application.

I would like to know if Acrobat DC SDK could achieve the following actions.

1. Convert image files(e.g.  JPG, TIF) to pdf file
  2. Combine multiple pdf files into one pdf file (append pages)
  3. Is it licence server support?

Is there any dependency (application to be installed) for the SDK?

If Acrobat DC SDK could not achieve the actions, please advise if there is any other SDK could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines