Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scam?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

am I right, that this attached Mail not an Adobe-Mail? Looks like scam, spam, you name it.

Greeting

Paul

TOPICS
Manage account

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that an unsolicited email?  or did you open a issue with adobe support?

you can also click answer and see if the recipient domain is adobe.com. (don't send, just check.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Gabriele Metters <c******@*****.com>" This do not seems trustworthy.

**PII removed via the moderator**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the name can look flakey, but the domain is what's important and that is correct, adobe.com

do you have or have you had contact with adobe support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then it does sound flakey.

my german is weak.  is that email only asking for you to take a survey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If what has been told in the mail is true (that you tried to add Acrobat licences and that failed), contact Adobe support via the admin console (https://adminconsole.adobe.com/support) and let them help you.

Scam and spam mails do not use the adobe.com domain, but it is possible to give you the impression of such a mail address. When analysing the mail header or the mail source file, you will detect such message spoofing. In addition, most mail servers nowadays try to check if the mail server is authentic.

As a side note: it is good to be sceptical. I never click links in mails, when I'm not 100% sure that the mail comes from a confirmed source.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I got an email from the same person. I'm also not sure if it is scam but I think so, because today I got a second email from this person.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-12 um 09.25.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The myth of "adobe.com" is safe is being repeated far too much. Anyone can send fake email from any email address at all. So receiving an email from trustedsource@adobe.com means NOTHING AT ALL. `Of course people want an easy way to detect fakes but it is very bad to keep repeating this myth. It no more proves it is from Adobe, that receiving a letter with an address written at the top proves it is from that address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to look into the mail headers. Spoofing e-mail addresses is possible, however, all major mail gateways are asking for confirmation that the mailserver is genuine, which respricts the spoofing possibilities. But the headers really show what happened. 

The only way to know for sure is to get confirmation from Adobe (@iCharles ) that this person exists inside the Adobe universe. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without giving addational information on account, myself or company, I replied today. Let`s see what will happend. I also wrote "Gabriele" about my thoughts of being a Scam-Mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't actually send an email, but click the con05545@adobe.com email address and carefully check to see if the reply would be sent to that email address.

if it is not, you've confirmed it's a scam.

if it is, it still may be a scam, or it may not be a scam.

p.s.  con is a suggestive email name for a scammer with sense of humor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least the con*****@adobe.com seems to be legit. We had a genuine contact to Adobe employees 2 years ago for some contract related discussion.

I got contaced with the exact same Mail after I failed to import new users via csv. So it´s relating to an real error, seems fine to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<trying to contact con05545>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines