• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serialization problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our schools has a paid up account with Adobe for Teams. When I install the package it will not allow use to run it on a few Mac's. We get a License Denied error. Even though our account is active. If I run the Serialization file I keep getting this.

wait result: 5120

wait result: 20

Tech support has recommended to reformat the Mac. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

I made a little vid clip of the steps, hope this helps

https://youtu.be/iJODk3KFLl0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi heritagehhs ,

You may use the following link to Contact Customer Care - Creative Cloud for teams.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 times and they can not figure it out. Their solution is to reformat the Mac. Which at this time is not possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rpandita can we get a response from someone at Adobe that knows about this? When the technician fixed this on 2 of my computers in early september he said that a fix would be pushed out that week. It's been a month and no word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, we have a VERY similar situation:

• We a college, on a VIP (CDW is our reseller), with multiple departments.
  • One department had not paid for their share of licenses, but their machines were grabbing active licenses
  • I explicitly deactivated licenses for certain machines to free them up for the other department
  • Now (after payment) the licenses are available. So, we created the license file to reactivate.
  • Ran the license file (AdobeSerialization) and we get the same "wait result" errors noted in the original post.
  • And, of course, the software gives us "License Denied"

We're bugging our account exec at CDW to hopefully connect with someone to resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I am sorry for all the delay and issues you are facing.

I will forward this case to VIP technicians and try to schedule a call.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any news? i have the same issue unfortunately. the only good thing about that: it's just one of the team members - the other macs work perfectly.

thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing this issue as well, and I can find no way to call into tech support.  Could you please have someone contact me or point me in the direction of a phone number I can call? 

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone still having this problem needs to call the Adobe tech support so they can give you the patch needed to fix this problem. I'm not sure why Adobe can't just reply to this thread and let people know that. I ended up calling a few weeks ago and the person gave me some files and a command to run and it fixes the issue we've been having for months. You can then serialize like normal afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed!!!! I have fianlly fix the License Denied Error. What you have to do is

1. go to /library

2.go to Application Support Folder

3. Go to Adobe Folder

4. Rename the SLCache and SLStore folders

5. Run the Adobe Serialzation Package that you create in Adobe CC.

6 Enjoy oping the application!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue yesterday and this thread was what helped me find a workaround for it by renaming/deleting those two folders (SLCache and SLStore).  This was the first time I had created a CC 2018 pkg for a Device License (we have over 500 licenses so this is kind a big deal even though I know that number still pales in comparison to some that visit this forum). 

This was happening on a newly imaged machine with no Adobe software on it already.  Running 10.12.6.  In my workflow for imaging now I just told it to rename those folders (SLCache_orig and SLStore_orig) and then I serialize the application and all is 'good'.  Wish this wasn't needed of course, so I wonder what the actual problem is with those folders.  The build I created was for the entire CC suite and done on 11/07/17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody have any updates on this? I've contacted Adobe about it, but they haven't been able to resolve it yet. I'm waiting for a senior tech to call me back, meanwhile the department I'm trying to help cannot use any adobe products.

The SLStore and SLCache fix isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem and your fix didn't work for me. Adobe what is the deal here? Why is it so hard just to license your product? Wiping every Mac with the problem isn't a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOOpppps spoke to soon. Now a error with you pick your flavor. Licence Denied, Sign In Required (for a license device plan), or all the programs are now trail versions.  The fix no longer works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again,

1. Do you have Creative cloud desktop application installed on these machines ??

If you do please remove it.

2. Once CCDA is removed then make sure none of the adobe processes are running in the background and if there are end all Adobe         processes.

3. Now create a serialization file and then deploy it.

If this still does not resolve the issue please let me know so that i can arrange a remote session from one of the Techs and we can get this sorted.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the phone with a technician for a long time yesterday and the problem is that there is still some old license files deep in the system that need to cleaned out through the terminal. The tech couldn't even give me a list of what he did, I have to call back today so they can jump onto my two other Macs to fix the same problem. Apparently Adobe knows about this issue though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rohit,

I don't want to hijack the original poster's thread, but I'm administering a new Teams installation for my company, and I'm wondering if the advice to *not* have the Creative Cloud desktop application installed on each Mac applies to *all* Teams installations? Should I delete it from all my user machines? I am having a problem understanding how to manage a few InDesign/InCopy Add-Ons I need on our Macs (separate thread here), and I'm wondering if the CCDA being installed is a problem. (I have never created a serialization file; I simply installed my CC package on each machine and logged in; the admin console shows the proper number of licenses in use.) Thanks.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dailypenn

No it does not apply to all, only if you are using Serial number licensing.

If you have named user Licensing its mandatory to install CCDA on machines.

The situation mentioned above is only applicable if you are using Serial number instead of email address to license and activate the applications.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I'm new to this and rather ignorant: We have device licensing, not named user licensing. Is this the same as serial number licensing? I did not generate any serial numbers; I simply deployed the installation I build in CC Packager on each machine, and each machine seemed to register the license usage with Adobe, and shows up in my Admin Console page as an active license. Have I done something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I suppose this link will clarify everything for you - Manage your Adobe Creative Cloud for education device licenses

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rohit,

Thank you. Yes, that clarifies that I did my Creative Cloud apps installations correctly.

If you could help with the question I originally posted about regarding managing Add-Ons in this education device license environment, I'd be most appreciative.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rpandita​

I tried once with signing out, running the serialization package, and launching the app, and I also tried uninstalling after signing

out, creating a new device license package, and launching an app. Same result, with the serialization not working.

I am unable to serialize, and am constantly being prompted to sign in, even from a new package with a device license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said in my earlier post there's some license files left over deep in the OS that Adobe needs to clean out or else no new licenses will work. You'll need to call them and have them remote on your computer and pray you get someone good enough to fix the problem. I had one technician able to fix the problem on one of my Macs but it was after several hours so I wanted to do the rest the next day. Of course the second technician was not as good as the first and was unable to fix the problem for the other computers so today I'm having a 3rd tech look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you mark this as not answered since this is still a problem? Adobe needs to find a fix for this and push it out immediately as i don't have hours to spend on the phone with Adobe techs and going around to every iMac in my lab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have multiple iMacs telling me that I have until November 30th to purchase my license or the software will stop working.      Re running the serialization tool did not help as it still gets the 5120 error. We need a fix for this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines