• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Adobe XML File

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming this is a long shot, but maybe someone else has tried this.

What we are trying to do is release Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to our end users, but we want to hide the tools that require an upgrade to Acrobat Standard or Pro.

What I have learned is that inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroApp\ENU a series .aapp files are available.

I have been able to do the following.

• If I delete AppCenter_R.aapp, Home.aapp, and Viewer.aapp I can remove the Tools and Home option completely. (The buttons stay, but they don't launch anything)
  • I have also figured if you leave those three files, but remove the other .aapp files that from the tools menu Export PDF, Combine PDF, Send & Track, Certificates, and Send for Signature will no longer be available in the tools menu.
  • I've also discovered from what I can tell Adobe is pulling this base menu from Application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/acrobat/app/2014" title="Tools" id="ToolsCenter" majorVersion="1" minorVersion="0"
    • AppCentre_R.aapp then calls <Component name="AppCenterView" type="Custom"/>
    • Viewer.aapp  then calls <Component name="AppShortcutListView" type="Custom"/>

So what I am trying to do/get is hard copies or the code from these files so I can enhance them to meet our companies needs.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

I think you may be trying to hack the product in a way that's unnecessary. Just disable services and upsell via the Wizard or through manual registry config.

See Service and Online Feature Configuration — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be trying to hack the product in a way that's unnecessary. Just disable services and upsell via the Wizard or through manual registry config.

See Service and Online Feature Configuration — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that appears to be like 1000% easier then what I was trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines