Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre-FrameMaker 2020 Welcome screen not displaying properly

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am using FrameMaker release 2017 (version 14.0.4.511) and the welcome screen is displaying like this:

FrameMaker welcome screen.png

I'm using a work computer so I don't know if they have customized any setting. Here are some of my computer specs I do know:

• Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1803
  • 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Any idea on how I can fix this issue?

Thanks!

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Hi All

The issue has been fixed. Due to some redirection going wrong, this issue started cropping up. Sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully welcome screen is displaying correctly for everyone now.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Repeated from other similar threads...

Shift+Scroll restores the original size to the Welcome screen in Fm 2019.

I noticed I need to do this each time I close all windows and redisplay the Welcome screen.

Annoying, but at least it restores functionality until Adobe provides more insight.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Hi everyone,

for the reason I am using DITA and up to now have not managed to update FM (15.0.4.701) to the latest version, I had the same overlaying marketing window problem. Right-click "Back" or Shift+Mouswheel worked, but still the "recent documents" list remained empty.

Research in these forums, editing files and testing I found 'my' solution – maybe there are others with similiar setting, so I like to share here:

1. Comment out in

c:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\15\resour

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXACTLY what I'm seeing, as well - I noted that the Welcome Screen initially displays normally for a split-second before blowing up. My Desktop PC's default browser is Google Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit). However, when I right-click on the welcome.html file, a Windows IE Explorer icon is displayed on the File Properties display. That suggests that the browser setting needs to be modified in FrameMaker 2019, but I'm not sure where in FrameMaker 2019 that setting might need to be configured. Anyone? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, it displays correctly for a split second, then shows the ugliness above. I opened the welcome file in IE, and it showed fine, so I don't know WHAT FM is doing to ruin the display so badly. It didn't used to do this, so it seems like a Windows or FM update caused a change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge, no new FM 2019 update has been issued since 15.0.5.838. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After FM 2019 update to 15.0.5.838, I'm still experencing this issue. Does anybody help me???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update to 15.0.5.838 has nothing to do with resolution of this issue. I submitted a Help request to Adobe support this morning, and they are reviewing it as of this writing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open welcome.html in the following folder, you can the properly organized web page.

• C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2019\fminit\dws\resources\welcomeScreen

But, when you open license.html and trial.html in the following each folder, you can see the unresponsive web page.

• C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2019\fminit\dws\resources\license
  • C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2019\fminit\dws\resources\trial

I think there might be a problem in the above-mentioned these css or js files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

The issue has been fixed. Due to some redirection going wrong, this issue started cropping up. Sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully welcome screen is displaying correctly for everyone now.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks GREAT, Amitoj! Thank You, and the same to everyone at Adobe for your fast resolution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, corrected one problem, and caused another:

Now, I cannot use Menus:

• File, Edit...they jump to the Window menu.
  • Insert and Format jump to Help.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

phyllisPEPY, I just tested the File, Edit, Insert and Format Menu functionalities, and all of the functions appear to be functioning normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, my coworker found no issue (but had to re-enter license info---mine has not asked me that).

Tried my FM 2019 on Windows 10 local PC:

• restart FM - opening screen looks great--but image is cut off on the right/still no menu function
  • restart the PC (Windows 10) - opening screen looks great--but image is cut off on the right/still no menu function
  • tried it on the virtual build server we have for FM builds: works 100% A.O.K. no image cut off and Menus work.

I wonder if I need to find a way to re-enter license info?? can't figure out how...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on a FM 2019 subscription plan, contact your company's IT Administrator or reach out to Adobe re: your account. They should be able to assist you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Update 6, I've got the same distorted Welcome screen that mickeymammoth got. Whatever the fix was, didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem and fixed it on my end.

Problem is the coding of the css.css behind the license.html.

If you change the height and width setting within the css to "relative" instead of the % entered there, it all displays just fine. 🙂

You can find both files in 

• C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2019\fminit\dws\resources\license

Just open the css with an editor and change the line 5-12 to the following:

/*.tdmarketing {
position: relative;
height: relative;
width: relative;

}
*/

Then restart FM.

It should display fine then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem occured on my computer today - 17th Feb 2022. The welcome screen file looks ok on the browsers. It stays ok if I disconnect from the internet before I open the program. The screen seems to stay ok if I reconnect to the internet while the program is running. I deleted the program and downloaded the latest version from the Adobe website. Still the same. I am using Windows 10 Pro, Adobe FrameMaker 2019 15.0.8.979.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has happened again. Can you look into it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I don't see it. When you say the issue has been fixed - is there a patch? I don't see any explanation on how to fix it.

Thanks,

Margaretdnut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Fm are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM 2019

Margaretdnut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using the last update of Fm 2019 (15.0.8?) then you've got what worked properly with OS, etc. back in early 2020.

Fixing the 2019 starter screen will require edits similar to what Klaus shows in this thread.

The changes you need may differ, depending on Windows version, default browser, and changes to other assets that are beyond Adobe's control, and introduced after release of FrameMaker 2020.

Your choice may be to 

• close/ignore the Welcome screen, which is not needed to operate FrameMaker
  • update to the current version of FrameMaker
  • edit the HTML5 page which displays in the Welcome screen
  • engage someone (on fiverr.com, etc.) to edit the html for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't close the welcome screen. You can ignore it and use the drop-down menus. Too bad that Adobe can not keep the program working with the latest Windows OS's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting...While you should be able to close the Welcome screen, a Windows update seems to have done wild things to the Fm 2019 (or earlier?) versions. 

MattSTechCommTools_0-1645555783025.png

However, I was able to open a file and then close the welcome screen as expected.

My Fm 16.0.4 is working as expected, and my 15.0.7 was working as expected just a few days ago.

MattSTechCommTools_1-1645555958482.png

You'll need to troubleshoot the HTML source. Perhaps comparing it to the source in the current version's Welcome screen file would help you locate it.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can close the  welcome screen when you have opened another file. However, when you close the second file the faulty welcome screen comes back. What version of Windows are you using? Too bad Adobe can't provide a welcome file that works without everyone having to try and do it themselves. My windows 10 Pro is up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10. 

They did provide a welcome screen that worked. In 2019, and through the 15.0.8 update.

Not surprisingly, their engineering staff dedicated to maintaining Fm 2019 (and earlier) compatibility with 2022 OS updates is, shall we say, thin?

Revert back to your previous Win 10...it should restore your Fm 2019 functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody seems to have stumbled onto something that fixes the zoomed up screen size -
"I inadvertently held down the [Shift] key and used the mouse wheel to scroll down one click and the whole page rezoomed to it's original intended state... why? I don't know, but all the functionality returned... weird."
See this thread - https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker-discussions/framemaker-2019-resources-splash-page-incorrec...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines