Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Animated gif in Fresco - No Transparency

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I cannot seem to be able to export an animated gif I created in Fresco on iPad Pro 12.9 without a white background. The later is set to transparent and I tried exporting with both locked and unlocked transparency but it doesn't work.

Any tips please?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

@sophieh51337579 if you choose "White is Transparent" from the dropdown it will export a gif with a transparent background as long as you have your background turned off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are similar issues exporting the PNG sequence with transparency as reported in this thread.

So transparency issues are known and hopefully being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there, by chance, an update on this issue? It looks like the original post was at the end of November and, as of today, you still can't export a gif without a white background. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Just checking if there is any progress... it's been a year and it still looks like there is no transparency option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sophieh51337579 if you choose "White is Transparent" from the dropdown it will export a gif with a transparent background as long as you have your background turned off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Any word on an actual fix for this issue? "White as Transparent" is an unacceptable workaround for any project which uses white in the composition (which is most things that aren't line art). The project has alpha data,why is it ignored and using white as a proxy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just so disappointed with this. I created a whole series of little animations for my short movie and now I realise that I can't export any of them properly. And the most disappointing thing is that all of the animations are literally black and white. I really hope Adobe will implement a way for us to export animations with a transparent background easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had the same Problem, its so annoying to notice that afterwards.. did you find a Solution how to use them for your Movie anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines