• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco crashes on launch, windows 10

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Fresco a few days ago and it worked just fine. I opened it yesterday and it crashes whenever switching to the oil brush. I uninstalled and reinstalled and made sure my graphic drivers were up to date. Now it crashes on launch. It seems this is happening to a few others and there isn't a solution. I have tried the ctrl+alt+R in Creative Cloud, uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my system, uninstalling then restarting then reinstalling, I have disabled in-game overlays, and it does the exact same thing. It opens, it says "loading documents" then closes. I know my system exceeds the requirements but I'll share my specs in case it helps. I have a Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700 XT Red Devil, 64GB of RAM, Windows 10 (latest version) and a Wacom Cintiq Pro 24. Every other Adobe app works just fine, it is only Fresco that crashes. I can also share my logs if that helps, I'm just not sure how to share the ZXP file. It is incredibly frustrating to pay for the product every month and not even be able to open it.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

I had this issue again after updating, and it looks like most people had this issue as well. The only fix to this was going back to the previous version which you can do if you uninstall Fresco then in the Creative Cloud app find fresco and click the 3 dots. There should be an option for previous versions. It did delete any information related to timelapses though.

There isn't a solid fix for any one person aside from this. Adobe breaks the app for many users and at some point fixes it in a futur

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Hi Anubhav, thank you for the information, version 4.7 has actually appeared and it works! At last. Interestingly, it updated itself (again) without my interference and despite the lack of settings with automatic updating enabled (other applications politely wait for it to decide). Thank you for finding and fixing the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with the app on the iPad Pro. Whenever I try opening the app it just crashes and closes, instantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear this. 

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app once on your device?

Also, please check the free space on your device. If it is low, you'll need to free up some memory on your device.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I've said, I've already done this and multiple other options. There is plenty of space, that is not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting and reinstalling on my iPad Pro. It looked like there were issues downloading for a while. But now the app has downloaded and I can open it without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. 

I'm checking with the engineers here and they're aware of this issue. 

I'll update you with more info as soon as I hear from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I wanted to check if there has been any update to this issue at all? It has been about a week so some info as to whether or not there is a fix to this would be great. The app is completely unusable still, even though it seems everything is compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please confirm the version of Fresco installed on your device.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the latest version on PC, Version 2.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update the app to the 2.0.4 version of Fresco. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I go to do this? Creative cloud tells me 2.0.1 is the latest version even after checking for updates. I can only find a version 2.0.4 for iOS not Windows PC which I stated is my OS. There are no other versions of Fresco in Creative Cloud besides 2.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could I get some kind of support? I still haven't had my question answered, it's been almost a month with this issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erlan.

I'm sorry the app is crashing. I have a couple of questions:

Is this a recent occurrence? Was the app crashing using previous versions?

And something I'd like you to try:
Go to Creative Cloud Desktop Application
Tap Ctrl+Alt+R
It will show a dialog to Relaunch
Tap Continue and wait for 2-3 minutes
Launch Fresco

If after relaunching the app is still crashing, please share two things:
* Your device logs. It's quite easy; the steps are here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
* And the output of dxdiag of your system? On your system:
Choose Start, type dxdiag in the Search text box, and tap Enter
Note: If you receive the message "Do you want to allow DxDiag to check if your drivers are digitally signed?" tap Yes
In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, select the Save All Information

Save those files and email them to the Fresco team at "frescohelp at adobe dot com".

Those will help the engineers troubleshoot.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have this same issue and have been trying for weeks now to fix it. wondering if theres something else i could try...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @IrisFrost,

We are sorry about the crashing! I would request you to share the details as asked by me on this thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issue. i have fresco version 3.7 on a microsoft surface book. it says the device is compatible. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting both my computer and the creative cloud. nothing has worked. and there are no updates availible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also cannot switch to previous versions of the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem here. an error has accoured please restart fresco". In fact when I restart fresco also restart adobe Creative cloud its still not working, method 2. uninstall and install again, method 3 Instal Adobe LogCollector. Method 4 Sign out and sign in to another account... and all of it sames not working. Just check my account <Removed by the moderator> , I 've buy subsciption for photoshop and Illustrator. I'm using adobe fresco because company need me to use for mainly. also I'm using most compatible HP Spectre X360 late 2019 buy why Fresco so ugly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I believe your issue has been taken care of on another email thread. 

Let me know if you need any more assistance. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sheena,

I am having the same issue with my windows install of Fresco 2.1.0 - immediately closes about a second after opening.  Have done the Ctrl-ALT-R, uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times, etc.  Plenty of space on the SSD as well.  Any support would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaulttggwolp9r88e_0-1655953182882.png

Hi Sheena,

I am having the same issue. What is the solution? I am paying for this app so it's unfortunate I cannot get the service I am paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de tela 2020-12-28 183921.pngHi, Sheena
I'm having exactly the same problem with the new update. Even with updated drives, this is the first time I use the app and I can't even open it.
I believe that the application cannot log into my account, since the profile photo is not mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem. The program does not open at all. Screenshot above is the few seconds you see before it crashes. This has been happening the last few months. As Mr. Rots says, we are paying monthly and cannot open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I'm having the same problem for the first time!!! I do everything, and photoshop and illustrator open without any problem, but I don't know what is happening with fresco, yesterday was completely fine!! Help, I'm working with Fresco 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines