Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco is crashing while starting

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

when I am starting Fresco on my Surface Pro 6 it crashes before I can do something. There is the loading screen and then after a few seconds it crashes without a fail report or something else.

Possible reasons?

Tobi

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Hello Tobi,

Can you share the logs from your system by collecting using these steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Also, can you try these steps:

1. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop Application

2. Press Ctrl+Alt+R

3. It will show a dialog to Relaunch

4. Click Continue and wait for 2-3 minutes

5. Launch Fresco

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saptarshi,

Please confirm the device and OS info along with the version of Fresco that you're on to assist you better.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Following are the details:

Device: Surface Pro 7

CPU: Core i7 10th Generation

RAM: 16GB

Hard Disc : 256GB

Graphics: Intel Iris

Adobe Fresco Version: 2.0.1

Best Regards,

Saptarshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing that info.

Have you tried the steps below:

2. Press Ctrl+Alt+R

5. Launch Fresco. 

Also, would you mind uninstalling and reinstalling the app once to check if that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

I saw this fix written above in this thread. I tried that, but it didn't work!

Best Regards,

Saptarshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that as well! Didn't work. Even I performed a factory reset of my laptop, still it didn't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the private message that I've sent to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I do have the same device. Always crashes. I reinstalled, still crashes, I also reinstalled and tried the older version, still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Benedikt5D3A can you share your device details with dxdiag output?

Also, in case you are not on latest drivers for Graphics card. Kindly update the same from this location: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics

Regards,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue over and over again, i have foure times reinstalled the software, tried also te ctrl+alt+r al with te same result craches in a few seconds by open document. Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have alredy make a adobe logfile named: AdobeLogs_20221019_111132_987-win-GS.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same issue. 
Fresco crashes as soon as it starts, the app detects that it had crashed before because it gives me the option to fill in the report of the crash and send it for diagnostics. However I have not been able to actually send it because the app crashes before I can do anything to the screen. 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I tried reinstalling the previous version, resetting it from Settings, but nothing worked.
It is very upsetting to pay for a service and not have access to it. 

Is there any way to fix this?
I am using a Surface Pro 7 (i7, 8gb Ram) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I in a very similar boat to Alessia362. I have had the same exact thing happen to me on my surface pro 7 (the only difference is I have i5,8gb version) 

It appears to be an issue with compatibility on the surface pro line as my Specter x360 15' 2019 2in1 doesn't have any issue launching it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Alessia and Nova,

Kindly share the logs from your system for us to look into the issue. Steps to be followed are listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Fresco is very much compatible with your devices and we will look into the issue. 

Regards,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it appears that the log collector is also crashing before it can extract the logs. My surface is up to date and I have tried restarting it. It creates the folder on my desktop but doesn't finish creating the ZXP. I am a student studying Computer Engineering with a focus on cyber security and have experience in IT. How should I proceed? Where are the logs stored so i can manual collect them for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay that is odd. I got the 32 bit one to work even though the 64 bit wouldn't. Anyway the logs file name is AdobeLogs_20200917_072905_279-win.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue. It is independent of the device, it is a problem of  Fresco itself. I  am using Wacom One 13.

And what's more, when I can open Fresco after the crushing, I can't open any of my files, because it says they are not psd. So crazy, did I loose all my work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

María.

Please contact us through Fresco's in-app Report A Bug link (tap the avatar icon on the Home screen then App Settings > Help > Support > Report A Bug) so we can see all of your device app information that auto-populates the email.

When you write us there, just mention that you posted here and I'd like you to check a couple of things to and let me know what you find:

1. Are you able to export a PSD of these drawings that are showing this error (tap the ellipses icon under the drawing thumbnail then from the More actions menu tap Export as PSD)?

2. When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents is all of the work that's on your iPad showing up there? Are any of the  drawing thumbnails blank on either your device or on the website?

3. Have you tried opening any of these files in Photoshop either on iPad or desktop from Cloud Documents?

4. I'd also like you to share with me any one of the documents that's showing this error when you try to open it. Here's how to do that:  Tap the ellipses icon (...) under the drawing then from the More actions menu tap Share link (make sure the toggle for "Allow save to Creative Cloud" is ON) and copy the link that's in that window.

I'll watch for your email.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem since July and even after several updates, the problem is still there!

I have collected the log files which you can access:

AdobeLogs_20201111_103417_718-win.zip

Please advise.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have similar problems with fresco. The start screen just flashes for 1 second and then disappears. I tried installing the latest graphics driver but that didn't help. I also tried the following steps without any results:

2. Press Ctrl+Alt+R

5. Launch Fresco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the latest version of Fresco? 

The latest version is 2.0.4. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to fix this issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well for me it appeared two days ago and it still doesn't work even when I tried all steps. Very helpful here as I can see. Well I guess paying for Fresco is not for me anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it appeared about a month ago. And my works have stopped!

I never to pay for Fresco again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines