• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco send to Illustrator no longer works

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to see if I can send a vector drawing to Animate since it's a lot easier to draw on my Ipad.  The only way I see is to send it to Illustrator, then import from there.  Unfortunately, ever since the latest Big Sur update the 'send to Illustrator' option does nothing.  It says "document sent" in Fresco but absolutely nothing happens on my desktop. 

TOPICS
Performance , Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

It doesn't really make sense, but try this:

Log OUT of your desktop Creative Cloud app, then log back in to the app.

When I upgraded to Catalina, it was something I did to get everything moving well.  I don't remember having to restart my computer, but at that stage, you're trying everything. I think it was just the logout/login that worked.

I still haven't upgraded to Big Sur yet.  Lemme know how it's going otherwise. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature still works from iPad to Illustrator on Windows10.

Have you tried opening Illustrator to see if the document is available? Rather than waiting to see if it will open automatically? I've had to do that in the past, which is why I ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have.  It doesn't make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the way I found that works. Opening AI promps PSD import options. It did work up until last night when it decided to not read Fresco file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't really make sense, but try this:

Log OUT of your desktop Creative Cloud app, then log back in to the app.

When I upgraded to Catalina, it was something I did to get everything moving well.  I don't remember having to restart my computer, but at that stage, you're trying everything. I think it was just the logout/login that worked.

I still haven't upgraded to Big Sur yet.  Lemme know how it's going otherwise. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed out and restarted my desktop just in case and it worked.  I guess I should have done that in the first place but didn't think it was necessary.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does work... For one file then fails!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone here.

It was working fine for me until 2am this morning when switching to AI after export from FR, I now get a error message saying The file is not readable

What gives?

And layers that are vector aren't vector but have some sort of accidentally pixel brush layer within the layer. Grouping vector layers seems to default to a pixel grouped layer instead of vector. Why? As much as I do love the app, there's sopme serious changes needing to happen. One of which is the unnecessary masks that come with an exported file.

Sooooo unnecessary....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started getting this too. Logout on Desktop works but I have to do it constantly. Logout of iPad doesn't work so obviously a desktop issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @derekwatson,

We are sorry to hear that. Please ensure that Illustrator & Creative Cloud is updated & running on the desktop and both desktop & iPad on the same fast wifi for optimal performance. Also, please check that there is no network interference and that you are not using any VPN, Antivirus, or office network that blocks external links.

If you are still experiencing the issue. Please send me a DM so we can further investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Still having the issue. Can’t see why it would have started blocking as has worked since it was introduced. Sign out then back in works

Derek

Derek Watson
Canalpath Creative Ltd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @derekwatson,

Thank you for providing more details. To further investigate the issue, we would need some more information. Can you please let us know if you see the "Sent" message pop up in Fresco when you send the file to Ai?

Also, please ensure that both Creative Cloud and Illustrator are open and up-to-date on your desktop and that you are signed into Fresco and Ai with the same Adobe ID.

Additionally, please confirm whether you are using any VPN, proxy, or antivirus software that might be interfering with the network connection and if you often put your desktop to sleep or battery/ optimal saver mode.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes, ‘Document Sent’ blue popup appears as it has always done. All is up to dat on both devices.

Same Adobe ID, I only have one.

NO VPN, Firewall set to allow incoming communications… No changes have been made to any settings, no AV software running.

MacBook HD not set to go to sleep

If I sign out of Creative Cloud app, then sign straight back in, the file sent from Fresco then opens in Illustrator as it should but only if I sign out/in which is a real nuisance due to all fonts etc being deactivated.

I can send to Illsutrator on iPad and then save the file and open that on Illustrator but its not ideal.

I do not save much in the way of Desktop work on CC as I have had some issues in the past where the file refused to open later!

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @derekwatson,

Thank you for your time and patience while we investigate the issue you are experiencing with sending files from Fresco to Illustrator. Our product team has shared an observation with us that might shed some light on the situation.

It appears that sometimes, the push notification from CCD to Illustrator may be delayed or lost due to internal optimization of the OS. For instance, if your laptop is running some heavy tasks or is overheated, macOS might choose to delay sending the notification to CCD due to internal optimization and priorities of the OS. This might lead to the scenario you described of not being able to access your file immediately. However, this is not a very frequent scenario, and it should not always happen or be reproducible 100% of the time.

That being said, the product team has also observed that logging out of Creative Cloud and then logging back in might trigger a jump start of the process and force the fetching of notifications. This may explain why the file sent from Fresco opens in Illustrator only after you sign out and back in.

Would you mind confirming if this happens every single time you send a file from Fresco to Illustrator on the desktop? This will help us better understand the issue and work towards a solution.

We appreciate your cooperation, and we will continue to work towards resolving the issue as soon as possible.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes I can confirm it fails every time now, logging out and back in works then sometimes works for a couple of further files but often fails again straight away. 

Usually Mac not performing heavy tasks at the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming this, @derekwatson. Please allow me some to check this with engineering, and I will get back to you.

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to update you that we have taken note of the bug you reported and have already logged it for further investigation. Our Creative Cloud, Fresco, and Illustrator teams are working on it together, but since it's not reproducible on our end, it may take some time to get to the root of the issue.

In the meantime, keep using the workaround of signing out and signing back in. This should help mitigate the problem until a permanent solution is found.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have tried another way to do it… Send to Illustrator on iPad then open on Mac, it’s not as neat but works for now. When I sign out/in it only works once, I cannot do it repeatedly as it deactivates all fonts and takes a long time to get back to normal which isn’t good for a working day.

I cannot see any issue anywhere as I can copy a file on Mac and paste into Fresco without  much issue… But it takes two attempts… First attempt asked me for permission in Fresco then doesn’t give me time to tap yes… Second attempt always works!?!

I have used this feature since it was in beta but only had problem recently.

Anything else between devices is fine and when I sign back in the multiple attempts all show up on Mac.

Happy to screenshare or send diagnostics if that helps

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you can find a workaround. I'm going to see if I have the same problem myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for updating me on your progress, @derekwatson. I understand that using Illustrator on the iPad and then opening the file on your Mac is a good workaround for now. It's also great to know that copying and pasting files on Mac into Fresco is working fine.

I appreciate your offering to do a screen share or send diagnostics if that would be helpful for our product team. I will definitely forward your details to them and see if they need any additional information or debug session to assist with resolving the issue.

Thank you for your continued patience, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

I was looking for a solution to the same issue described here when I found this old post. Is this still not solved? I would love to send the fresco file to AI without sending it to the ipad version first.

Thanks and best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have this issue since updating to ventura os on 2020 macbook air m1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have said, signing out and signing back in works but it's very inconvenient. So does a full restart. I do a lot of quick swapping between illustrator and fresco and it's not great at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to open the file in illustrator on ipad getting "account does not have access to a sync storage location" error??!?!?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @richardt29542559,

I understand that you are experiencing an error message when trying to open a file in Illustrator on the iPad. It seems that the error message indicates that your account does not have access to a sync storage location.

This issue has been reported on the Adobe Illustrator on the iPad community. Some users have reported that changing their login method (Google/Apple/Facebook) helped resolve the issue, while others suggested deleting the app and reinstalling it.

However, before attempting any of these solutions, I would recommend that you first check if your Illustrator files are saved and synced to the Creative Cloud. You can confirm this by checking the files on this website (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents). It is important to ensure that your files are synced to the cloud before reinstalling the app, as this may result in data loss.

Please let me know if the issue persists or if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines