Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco won't open after several tries

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I installed Adobe Fresco yesterday on my Windows computer. However, whenever I try to open it is says ''loading documents'' and then shuts down. There are no files to open, because I haven't worked with Fresco yet.

I've tried turning the computer off-and on, updating the and and deleting the app alltogether and reinstalling it, but nothing seems to do the trick. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Hello @DenisaMoldovan@bruno305551390gbk@defaultdtwpfry3n43r@BoingZ@Brenda Works,

Thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you signed into your Adobe account on it yet? If so, have you logged out and logged back in? And though you haven't used Fresco yet, if you used other Adobe apps like Photoshop and saved the file as a cloud document, there will be files for Fresco to open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have signed in and then logged out, and then back in. But I still have the same issues. I have used other Adobe apps but I don'y have anything saved as a cloud document. I don't understand what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Fresco used to work on my old computer with Windows 10 on it, but now it no longer opens on both Windows 10 & 11. Why are there bo solutions for this? I pay for this program and it does't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 4.6.1 today and hoped that might help, but it did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, and then people will tell you to just install v4.0.0 but the issue is that if you've got animations you started using a version later than v4.0.0, when you open Fresco v4.0.0 and then try to access those animations, it will tell you that you can't do that, because the animations were made using a later version. Sure it works on NEW animations, but that's not really a comfort for people who were in the middle of important work, updated, and then had that important work come to a screeching halt. Very frustrating and I understand completely. I'm currently trying to work with customer support to figure out what in the ever-loving-crud is going on, but I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels in the mud doing so. Good luck finding a solution. I'll post here if I find one. 

Have you tried clicking the Three Dots next to Fresco and clicking Other Versions to try to revert back to a previous version of Fresco? My Creative Cloud doesn't even HAVE those three dots, even after a FRESH INSTALL of Creative Cloud, and nobody can even tell me why lolol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here:

Adobe Fresco opens, even downloads the existing Creative Cloud files and then closes again. I have deleted the app, reinstalled it, even reinstalled an older version, all to no avail.

It happened after I have installed Photoshop beta... coincidence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @DenisaMoldovan@robo79845809@Brenda Works,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind sharing the logs by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), so we can check it with the team? Also, try to download Fresco v4.0 from this updated link and let us know if it helps:

(https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeESD/FRSC/4.0.0/win64/65329b20-2fb0-4131-a587-6df11b7f46e4/Adobe_Fresco...)

Note: This link is only valid for the next 24 hours.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.
I purchased CC complete a few days ago and installed Fresco but could not start it. The version is 4.6.1.
I tried uninstalling and rebooting but it would not work. I also tried updating graphics drivers, etc. to the latest version, but to no avail.
I downloaded and ran version 4.0 from the link you wrote and it worked!

I have already uploaded the logs collected by the log controller tool.
File: AdobeLogs_20230603_050831_854-win-GS.zxp

They don't show up in Creative Cloud Desktop, but at least Fresco is now usable, so that helps.
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav, I have the same issue. Could you please sent the link again to try to download Fresco v4.0 ? 

Thank you so much!

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I missed the link window. I can only go back to 4.6.0 myself and that did not work. Could you please post another link for v4.0? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, the same issue with 4.61 and 4.60 version always crash at document status , i try all of how to fix form the previous discussion topic and it won't help too, now i would like to try version 4.4 because creative cloud has only older version 4.6 and it's both crash at the begin.

to adobe supporter

please give me a version 4.4 of adobe fresco link, i would like to try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Thank you for all the information. I just shared the logs liked you asked, but I no longer have acces to to the updated link to download Fresco 4.0. Could you post it again?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @DenisaMoldovan@Manuel Osinergmin@Brenda Works@BoingZ,

Sorry for the delayed response. Kindly use this link to download Fresco v4.0 and check if it helps:

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeESD/FRSC/4.0.0/win64/65329b20-2fb0-4131-a587-6df11b7f46e4/Adobe_Fresco...

Note: This link is only valid for the next 24 hours.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav,

This version works just fine. Thank you very much.

However, I am wondering if this version will be able to be updated. Will that be the case ?

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @DenisaMoldovan,

We're glad to hear that the problem was resolved after reverting to an older version of Fresco. Our team is aware of the trouble and is working to fix these problems in a future release. Kindly stay tuned.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

estou passando pelo mesmo problema, pode enviar o link do 4.0 novamenteee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get any sort of solution figured out for this? I know this is frustrating, because I'm currently dealing with it myself.

My question to support would be: Is reverting to previous versions of Fresco using the "Three Dots" available only to subscribers? I don't have those "Three Dots" where you'd access previous versions to install, and I'm not currently using the paid version of Fresco. Thing is, I'm scared to subscribe to see if that would make those "Three Dots" appear, because that's money I don't have to spend right now.

Also I wonder if a link to a later version could be provided that isn't necessarily 4.0.0?? Apparently I'm not the only person on this forum who doesn't have access to the option to revert to previous versions through Creative Cloud launcher. I'd literally NEED a link from someone to get any previous versions, but for many people, 4.0.0 isn't sufficient, as it doesn't allow you to edit any files created using any version of Fresco that came after 4.0.0. 

Trouble is, apparently after doing some digging, some users here were crashing even using 4.6.0? This whole thing is an absolute mess, and the lack of understanding of what's going on is probably frustrating both customers and customer support agents to the point they want to pull their hair out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to confirm to anyone wondering that you do in fact have to be a subscriber to the service in order to use the feature that allows you to revert to previous versions of Fresco through the Creative Cloud launcher. I have proven this by subscribing just now, and magically after I subscribed, without doing any other steps, the option became available to me, whereas JUST before subscribing, the feature wasn't there. I had to figure this out for myself after telling two agents I had no ability to use the Other Versions option, with neither of them being able to tell me why that was the case.

Even with this new found power in my hands, however, I am only given the option to downgrade to v4.6.0, which is causing the same crashing issues for me and many others. Why are we not given the option to downgrade to say, v4.3.0 or something? Maybe even v4.5.0? I don't even know all the previous versions! Literally any other version options to try would be nice, though!

I just want to be clear that I'm still not even remotely close to being angry, but I have to ask, why the borderline radio silence on this issue? Can we get some communication here? We have literally no idea what to do about this, and the versions we're being allowed to download are either worthless because our animations only work with a later version than whatever version is included in the v4.0.0 links being provided here, or whatever version we downgrade to using the Other Versions feature is ALSO crashing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @defaultdtwpfry3n43r,

We understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to use a newer version of Fresco with the latest features. At this time, we can only provide download links to major version releases of previous versions of Fresco. The minor (dot) releases are only available through the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Our team is aware of the trouble and is working to fix these problems in a future release. Kindly stay tuned.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @DenisaMoldovan@bruno305551390gbk@defaultdtwpfry3n43r@BoingZ@Brenda Works,

Thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for cutting in.
I uninstalled Fresco 4.0 from the windows menu and installed 4.7.0 with Creative Cloud Desktop. It worked fine!
Thanks to the support team for their efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines