Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco won´t start - Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I try to open Fresco from the Creative cloud app, it won´t start. It takes me to the wellcome screen, then I select a format and after that it closes and takes me to the Desktop.

Any idea?

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Hi Anubhav,

Thanks for the info, I've updated to 4.7 and it seems to be working again. Fingers crossed it stays stable and everyone else can get it working too!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

¡Hola!, Soy nuevo usuario y estoy experimentando el mismo problema. La única solución que me falta probar es con la versión v4.0, pero no sé cómo acceder a ella.
¡Muchas gracias!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is equal for me. In mi case is closed when i try to open and in moment chargue old documents. It worked fine for several days but it no longer works. Even reinstalling or temporarily deleting now won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then, let´s wait and maybe someone from Adobe reads this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was playing with the graphics card settings. Changing some things to try and now it works.

If you have a Nvidia card, go to the control panel and change the settings only for Frsco software.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, what settings did you change to get Fresco to work? Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just replying to myself on here because there's loads of other unanswered threads. I created a new admin account on my machine and tried to run Fresco as an administrator from my normal account, however it hung on the Loading Documents screen. However, when I log into the admin account and open Fresco from there, it works. I believe there's an issue with something else. Looking at the event viewer (Win+R key, then type eventvwr, then press enter), it shows the following:

Application: Fresco.exe
CoreCLR Version: 6.0.1222.56807
.NET Version: 6.0.12
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFAEFE22AFE
Stack:

And...

Faulting application name: Fresco.exe, version: 4.6.0.1242, time stamp: 0x6377dc84
Faulting module name: gemini_uwp_bridge.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6451651e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000a82afe
Faulting process ID: 0x0x3714
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D985409C13A0CD
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.Fresco_4.6.0.1242_x64__pc75e8sa7ep4e\Fresco.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.Fresco_4.6.0.1242_x64__pc75e8sa7ep4e\gemini_uwp_bridge.dll
Report ID: ece1899b-c50d-4c6e-802a-a8ad5ede3769
Faulting package full name: Adobe.Fresco_4.6.0.1242_x64__pc75e8sa7ep4e
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

There's another thread where a user identified the same issue here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco-discussions/adobe-fresco-keeps-crashing-on-startup-after-loadi...

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the latest update has done any Windows bug fixes to resolve this error and I don't fancy having to resort to using an admin account to do any work. Is there anyone who can fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the crash problem has been bothering me for a long time, do you have a solution? Thank you very much and I look forward to your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @hay219128840ps6,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind trying to download Fresco v4.0 and checking if it helps? (https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeESD/FRSC/4.0.0/win64/65329b20-2fb0-4131-a587-6df11b7f46e4/Adobe_Fresco...)

Note: This link is only valid for the next 24 hours.

If the issue persists, kindly share the logs by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), so we can check it with the team.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

¡Hola!, Soy nuevo usuario y estoy experimentando el mismo problema. La única solución que me falta probar es con la versión v4.0, pero no sé cómo acceder a ella.
¡Muchas gracias!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Miguel29131017vigq@Doodlebod12@hay219128840ps6@carlosi73955916,

Thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav,

Thanks for the info, I've updated to 4.7 and it seems to be working again. Fingers crossed it stays stable and everyone else can get it working too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, is solution for me 😉 @Anubhav M 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesnt work for me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @imorrow,

Sorry for the delayed response. We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind trying the following steps and checking if they help:

1. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop Application

2. Press Ctrl+Alt+R

3. It will show a dialog to Relaunch

4. Click Continue and wait for 2-3 minutes

5. Launch Fresco

Also, kindly reinstall the GPU drivers (Intel / NVIDIA / AMD) and set the Graphics Preference to High-Performance for Fresco (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-110) and check if it helps.

Additionally, check if all of your work is synced online (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents). If yes, please try resetting Fresco (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1b-d...) and share your observations.

If the issue persists, kindly share the logs by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), so we can check it with the team.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines