• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How about moving the drawing to Photoshop?

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we all know that we can get our files from Photoshop to Fresco, how about moving the artwork back to Photoshop from Fresco? Back to Ps_Fresco-Community-backtoPsd.png

It is as simple as it sounds. Check out how: 

1. Tap on the share icon on the title bar 

Back to Ps_Fresco-Community-export.png

2. Tap on Publish & Export. 

Back to Ps_Fresco-Community-Publish.png 

3. Tap on Export As and then select PSD as the output format. 

Back to Ps_Fresco-Community-Format.png

4. Tap on the Export button. 

5. Choose a location to save the PSD and then tap on Add. 

You can also refer to the help document here: https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/using/fresco-and-photoshop.html to know more about the workflow between Fresco and Photoshop. 

Artwork by Parichay, designer at AdobeArtwork by Parichay, designer at Adobe

Let us know if you’re facing difficulties in sharing your work in any format. We’re here to help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not as simple as it used to be to just send your artwork to open photoshop or illustrator. I had the best time with that feature (even though it worked better on pc than on the mac). Wonder if we will ever get those again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi raluca72222, thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it onto the product team here so that they can work on this aspect of the app as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! -Yes, this would be great to have. The opposite would be nice too. Where I can easily send a photoshop file from my desktop app the other way to fresco with a one click option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Please help, I exported my Adobe Fresco file as PSD and opened it in Photoshop but its still set as RGB, how can I change to CMYK please?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chelsea,

Please see the help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/color-settings.html to change the color settings in Photoshop.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the fast reply. However from reading this article it seems that it only applies to acrobat? I am using Adobe Fresco on my ipad pro, how can I convert to cmyk on my ipad Pro?

Thank you

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chelsea,

As far as I know there is no option to change the color profile in Fresco on iPad. But I suggest going through the thread here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco/adobe-fresco-embedded-color-profile-in-export/m-p/11114772 to understand the color profiles in Photoshop.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! that feature is sorely missed in Fresco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Since I illustrate children's books,  I do want to be able to work directly in CMYK without a workaround. The gamut is much smaller. There are no disappointments because some colors just cannot print well, and it is a lot of less work to get the illustration print ready. It would be great if I could just set it up in Fresco natively. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. Same here and right now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very dissappointed that Fresco and Photoshop files are not seamless. I thought the same psd file would work across both platforms without fuss. Currently, it is still ALOT of fuss with dubicates files and multiple steps! Will this change in the future? Honestly, working with Photoshop files and Fresco without swaping in and out of different file locations is the one feature that would set this apart from other ios apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi me2gingko, I'm sorry that you are not happy with the cross product feature. Could you elaborate a little more on what you're seeing right now that isn't working for you and what would you like the workflow to be in future so that I can capture your feedback and pass it onto the product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was expecting the same PSD file to sync seamlessly across devices. Allowing me to start a Photoshop document on the computer and continue to work on the same project within Fresco. No exporting or file conversion needed. As an illustrator, I already use several excellent drawing apps on the iPad. Like Fresco, files need to be turned into PSD files to use with Photoshop, creating many duplicates and a tedious workflow. Fresco would be valuable to me only if it offered a seamless workflow with Photoshop. Others might want it to be seamless with Illustrator! Either way, converting files and having multiple versions of the same illustration is unproductive. Thank you for hearing my thoughts,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be rather difficult to share Fresco files seamlessly with Photoshop. Adobe Sketch simply has a 'share to Photoshop ' ability and bingo there is your file open in Photoshop. Why not the same for Fresco?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried exporting as a PSD file and keep getting an alert triangle and 'tap to try again'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, are you connected to the internet and signed in to your Fresco app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues saving (exporting) Fresco .pdfs to Creative Cloud file folders. Getting an "Operation can't be completed. Couldn't communicate with helper application.Can save without problems to other cloud file vendors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mlowry3ml ,

That's strange. Are you connected to an internet network which is free of firewalls? Also can you confirm if this is happening with a particular file only or on all drawings?

Regards,

Sheena 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It magically healed overnight. I now able to export>save to any Creative Cloud folder.

Thank you for your reply.

Mick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that Sketch Feature was BRILLIANT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe fresco is amazing!

I just finisheed a full story for kids

Easy entegration with photoshop, moving to cc librarry, puplishing from indesign!

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 3.50.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-22 at 3.50.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-22 at 3.50.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you publish print books? If so, please share your CMYK conversion workflow as I'm seeing different suggested ones and am painting my illlustrations right now. My printer doesn't convert so I will, since Adobe unfortunately chose to omit CMYK options from Fresco. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I researched and answered my above question, and share here in case it helps someone else. 

The most efficient workflow from Fresco to InD for CMYK output:

1. Create illustration in Fresco.

2. Export as Psd file.

3. Place in InD file. (No need to first open in Ps.)

4. The Psd file will still be in the RGB color so if you need it in CMYK to send to Printer for print production, export the InD as PDF/X1a:2001 or PDF/X3:2002, as follows:

5. Select FILE > Export or FILE > Adobe PDF Preset

6. Select a location to save your PDF; save.

7. In Export window that appears, click Adobe PDF Preset drop down, then click either Press Quality or PDF/X1a:2001. That will ensure any RGB colors in InD file are converted to CMYK, including Fresco art exported and placed directly as Psd files. Do not modify any of the default settings. The exported pdf will have CMYK settings. Send that to the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines