Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe Fresco Isn't Opening

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded Adobe Fresco on my Ipad and it was working fine until today. I was working on a sketch and went somewhere for 5 minutes, and when I returned, I could not re-open Adobe Fresco. Whenever I try to press on the app, it loads and goes back to my home screen. I even restarted my Ipad 2 times but it won't load or open.

I wonder if I should delete the app, but I'm worried all my progress will be lost. What should I do to re-open Adobe Fresco?

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing , Canvas settings , Device , How-to , Performance , Syncing & Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Hello @f.j.l@Wanda Jo@robo79845809@togotooner,

Thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is fixed now. 

Let us know if you're still facing the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the app crashing for you?

Are you on a Win or MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im on win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Win device are you using?  How much free space and RAM are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so do i and i cant figure out to fix it ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me on my Lenovo yoga 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you all submitted the crash logs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue too!! im using win 10 but when i click it, it always goes back to my homescreen. How can i do it with??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my iPad, I restarted, updated, and tried to reinstall the app, but it's still not working. When I press it, it opens and then closes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peggy,

I never got a response here from anyone, but I was having the same issue on a Windows 10 laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 4600 CPU and Radeon RX 5600 GPU.  For me, it looks like the issue is with the new version (3.5.0).  Not sure if this will help you, but I was able to get the older version (3.4.2) of Fresco to open where the newer version wouldn't.

Go into Creative Cloud Desktop (not sure if this is called the same thing on an iPad) and went to where I had Fresco installed.  I clicked on the "..." next to the Open button and clicked "uninstall."  Then I went down to Fresco in the "Available In Your Plan" section and selected the "..." next to the Install button and selected Other Versions to install Fresco (3.4.2).  Once it installed the older version, the app opened fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I got home, it started working just fine. Thanks for the advice anyways! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix? It's rough .. I still have a problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been having similar issues. Whenever I try to open a page on Adobe Fresco it just keeps crashing. I've tried shutting down my computer but that won't help either. What do I need to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, uninstall it and install it again. The drawings are saved on Adobe's Creative Cloud, you can go into Adobe Creative Cloud and check if not. Open Your Work which is beside the Apps Icon and Select Cloud documents which is the icon just below the little blue box whixh you should be in currently which is your library. If you can see your drawings and paintings then youre good to go, so uninstall and re-install Fresco. Hope this and the video help and sorry for the wait, just saw tis as this just happened to me as well:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too ... PLEASE... How did you resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Uninstall it and install it again. The drawings are saved on Adobe's Creative Cloud, you can go into Adobe Creative Cloud and check if not. Open Your Work which is beside the Apps Icon and Select Cloud documents which is the icon just below the little blue box whixh you should be in currently which is your library. If you can see your drawings and paintings then youre good to go, so uninstall and re-install Fresco. Hope this and the video help and sorry for the wait, just saw tis as this just happened to me as well:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Uninstall it and install it again. The drawings are saved on Adobe's Creative Cloud, you can go into Adobe Creative Cloud and check if not. Open Your Work which is beside the Apps Icon and Select Cloud documents which is the icon just below the little blue box whixh you should be in currently which is your library. If you can see your drawings and paintings then youre good to go, so uninstall and re-install Fresco. Hope this and the video help and sorry for the wait, just saw tis as this just happened to me as well:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi _reo, I've got the same problem and uninstalled then reinstalled the app but it still keeps on crashing. Do you have anymore advice? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry, unfortunately i dont. The advice I gave you worked for me, so sorry for not being able to help:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just starting having this same issue today (4/15/2022). I was having an issue with Adobe taking up over 100 GB on my 256 PCIe SSD and not leaving me with enough free space for Fresco to open, so I upgraded from 8 to 32 GB RAM and added a 500 GB PCIe SSD beside the 256 that was already there.  

I formatted the new drive and verified that it was functioning properly.  Then I uninstalled all of the Adobe apps I use (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat DC, and Fresco), went into Preferences in CC to change install and download locations for Adobe apps, and then reinstalled all of the apps.  I'm guessing the storage thing is another issue as after I made these changes I went from 2.56 GB free space on my primary drive to 117 GB free space and only about 20 GB was taken up on the new drive by the Adobe app installs.

The other apps are working fine, but when I click on Fresco it starts to open, shows a "loading files" dialog box for a couple of seconds, and then it closes out.  I've tired opening via CC and my Start menu, and I've already uninstalled and reinstalled Fresco to see if there'd been an installation glitch last time.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had fresco since 2019, I think. I can't believe there are still so many bugs. Unusable for weeks, months. Sometimes I consider myself a masoist to insist on fresco and even pay for it. Now you're going to write in support that I'm frustrated, but man, it's part of a professional subscription creative program scam and I'm not paid for beta testing, they don't give you a replacement. But to pay, it has to be on time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone come up with the solution? I have the CCloud license and Fresco is the ONLY program that crashes while loading and then just shuts down. What in the heck is going on Adobe???? FIX THIS!!! You brag how advantageous it is to have this wonderful subscription model but yet you have programs and bugs like this continue to surface making work progress shut down without warning. I won't put up with this much longer. Too many other alternatives now to stay with this nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @togotooner,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind running Fresco under a different administrator account (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...) and checking if it helps?

Also, kindly check if all of your work is synced online (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents). If yes, please try resetting Fresco (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1b-d...) and share your observations.

If the issue persists, kindly share the logs by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), so we can check it with the team.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines