Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No pressure sensitivity on wacom intuos pro

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
the pressure sensitivity of my wacom intuos pro works perfectly well on all adobe CC programms except on Adobe Fresco. In the settings I find  the options for adjusting the pressure sensitivity, but no matter how I choose them, there is no change in the stroke that I can draw in the little test field. Unsurprisingly, the pressure I put on my pen has no effect on the stroke, whatever brush I use in a document.  Also tilting  shows no effects on the brushstrokes. I did play aroundwith the brush settings a lot, so far unsuccessfully.  

Is there any known procedure to get the pen sensitivity working with the intuos pro or did I just overlook an option to activate it in Adobe Fresco? 

Any of your help would be greatly appreceated!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Hi Renato, once you launch the application, you can click on the "+" on the driver window. This will open a pop-up window from where you can select the desired application. 

Screenshot 2023-02-09 084713.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. We are unable to replicate the issue. We checked on Windows 11 with Wacom Intuos Pro, and the stylus pen pressure is working. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• OS, its build no. and version of Fresco.
  • Please check the app settings under Stylus pressure "Test area" with the default settings (reset if changed). The stronger the pressure you apply, does the stroke get thinner?
  • Is this happening with a specific brush or all?
  • Does reinstalling the Wacom tablet driver or Fresco help resolve the issue?

Also, have you tried the Wacom troubleshooting steps for pen pressure (https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006343962-Why-is-my-pen-pressure-not-working-)?

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul Saini,

Thank you for your reply!

The operating system is Windows 10 (Edition Windows 10 Pro | Version 20H2 | Systembuild 19042.1288).

The tablet is a Wacom Intuos Pro M (Model: PTH-651 | Version 1.0.0209)

After yesterday´s update I am running Fresco 3.0.1. But the problem is still here and it occured from the first version on.

A change in the settings as well as a reset of the Stylus pressure-settings does not show any effect in the test area. I can only produce a constant stroke, no change in thickness whatsoever. 

This is not dedicated to a specific brush, there is no pressure-response on any of the brushes in Fresco.

As of today no reinstallations or resets of Fresco or the Wacom drivers have made the difference.

The pen pressure is working fine in Photoshop, Ilustrator and all other applications where supported. Sadly, just Fresco somehow is refusing to cooperate properly.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Best regards, Jörg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jörg,

Thanks for the additional details. Will it be possible for you to share a video with us, we are not seeing any issues on Fresco side and it should work same as it's working in Photoshop & Illustrator. 

Also, can you check on Wacom Desktop Center if there are any new drivers which need to be installed? We tried on Wacom driver version 6.3.44-3. 

Thanks for your support,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rohit,

Thanks again for your reply! The wacom driver version here is the same as your's, no updates available. I have attached a video of what is (not) happening... 
Best regards,

Jörg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the video Jörg. We are always having the pressure sensitivity with Wacom Stylus and only when we draw using Mouse/Finger we get the experience which you are getting in the video. 

With mouse/finger drawing we have constant pressure/velocity for strokes. The pointer in the video is normal mouse pointer, can you confirm if the device is in Tablet usage mode? 

Thanks,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

has this issue been resolved?

I am having the same problem with Windows 11 and Wacom Cintiq; tried everything including the advice below (Windows Ink), and I have no pen pressure in Fresco, with all pens. All my drivers and the app are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
no, unfortunately not. In the meantime I have a whole new machine, complete clean and new installs of software and drivers and their respective updates... same issue, no way to fix it. I actually gave up on it, sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but now, it works. 111.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it can get dicey with Tablet drivers.  I don't have too much problem with Wacom, I had problems with Huion Drivers randomly turning itself off without warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't add the application to the driver list. How did you do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Renato, once you launch the application, you can click on the "+" on the driver window. This will open a pop-up window from where you can select the desired application. 

Screenshot 2023-02-09 084713.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.
I can't find Fresco application in my Adobe folder on windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right, you don't find it there. Launch the Fresco App, change to the settings-window of your tablet (screenshot) from above, click on the "+" as indicated on the screenshot. From the popup menu select "Fresco". Then you can apply your individual wacom-settings for Fresco, as you would for e.g. Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation path you are looking for is:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

here you should find winui.fresco.exe, the one you are looking for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This installation path does not work. I've tried everything the pressure sensitivity doesnUntitled 1.jpgt work at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I don't remember exactly which way, but maybe you want to try it with Fresco shut down, or with Fresco running. Best, Jörg.

This installation path does not work. I've tried everything the pressure sensitivity doesnUntitled 1.jpgt work at all

By @Stanisa985

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all of you!

Recently I also ran into severe problems with Illustrator. The program decided to crash without any notice right after opening a file and my first activities (choosing a font, drawing a path whatsoever). I found out, this would not happen, having my Intuos Pro Tablet unplugged. I uninstalled the latest drivers, reinstalled the last version I remembered working without this issue (WacomTablet_6.4.0-10). I plugged in the tablet again and Illustrator worked fine again. And as an extra bonus I found the missing pressure sensitivity in Fresco working like a charm (provided that the windows ink option in the tablet driver is activatet for fresco!) So, at least for me the problem seems to be solved. I hope this helps some of those among you, who encountered the same problems! Cheers, Jörg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines