• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There is no circle/square shapes in my library

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to insert a circle in my painting but there is no standard shapes. Where do I find these shapes? ThanksMissing shapes.png

TOPICS
How-to , Layers , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

It's under ruler icon. Click and hold to get the shapes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's under ruler icon. Click and hold to get the shapes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thank you so much. Yes I can find them under ruler but these are not shapes. There is a difference. When I insert a shape I get options at the bottom (Fill, Erase, Mask, Select) where as objects under ruler are just guidelines.

If I use circle and then use the select/lassoo tool, the circle depends on how well I can trace (I have arthritic hands). Sometime ago (2020) these were shapes and we could do lot more with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salut, il n'y a pas de solution directe pour enregistrer une forme dessinée dans Fresco comme une "forme" dans la bibliothèque CreativeCloud.
Ma solution : Dessiner la forme sur Fresco et depuis Ca (Capture) sur un smartphone, photographier cette forme et l'enregistrer, La forme apparaitra alors dans les formes dans Fresco !

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is so annoying, it was one of the best features 😞

a possible workaround is to use the rectangle and circle in the Lasso section, but it still is frustrating, since the former workflow was much more intuitive. Why did Adobe change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating - how can drawing basic shapes like rectangles and circles be so counterintuitive?! I can't get the ruler shapes to work. Why do i need to search the web for tutorials that explains how i make a filled rectangle? It should be the easiest thing ever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

personally I  am cancelling adobe subscription. I don't have time to be frustrated by figuring the simplest of tasks. I have no idea what they are thinking at Adobe, but it totally misses the mark for me and my daughter. Its very dissapointing as I have been a huge Adobe fan for so many years, and they used to have the most impressive software. Now it just constantly face plants and makes me want to throw my drawing tablet away - wich is unfair, its not the drawing tablets fault. I just can't understand why it's missing so many basic features. I mean out on the market for four years and haven't even added symmetry, but you managed a confusing animation feature? and no basic shapes?!? yeah, it's beyond dumb. Canceling today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thing is, they had the shape feature and it worked great. I think they have some copyright issues with procreate maybe? Would also explain the missing but basic symetry feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines