• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector turning to pixel

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated fresco to the 1.9 version of Fresco. 

I noticed that after downloading my work, which was done completely with vector brushes, the png was very pixelated. This wasn't an issue before the update. I tried saving the documents in different forms (pdf, png,jpg,etc) but all are very pixelated. On fresco it doesn't look pixelated until I try to download it. Please help!

TOPICS
Performance , Pixel Brushes , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachel,

What is the original canvas size of your image? Could it be quite small, which would explain the pixelation? What is the size of the exported png or jpg, in pixels?

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 11.44.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and I cannot find a solution. It is really stressful, this bug in the app. I hope it will get fixed soon!! Or does anyone has a solution?

About Michaels answer, the size of the file should not be a problem. Because I worked in vector, not pixels. Then the size becomes irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan. 

I think you may be the same person who wrote through Fresco's in-app feedback with the same issue. But just in case you aren't,  here's what I wrote:

I'm sorry this is happening. Generally I only hear this when people are exporting vector art as PSDs or PNGs but that doesn't sound like the case here.  There are two things I'd like you to send to me:

* A link to the original art. Here's how to do that:
1. Go to the Cloud Documents screen and tap on the ellipses icon (...) under the drawing 

2. From the pop-up menu choose Share Link (make sure the toggle for "Allow save to Creative Cloud" is ON) and copy the link that's in that window.

3. Please do not post that link here but send it to me through Fresco's Report A Bug link (App Settings > Help > Support  > Report A Bug). 

* And the PDF that you've exported from it.

Thanks for your help with this. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this very same issue. I created an illustration using vector brushes and it is clearly a vector in Fresco but when I export as a PDF and open in Illustrator, it is very pixelated. This hasn't happened with my other PDF exports, just this one. Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jade. 

This should be true only in a couple of instances:

* Because the clipping sequence is incompatible with Illustrator and PDF rendering models, clipping masks used on vector layers will will get flattened.  
* Additionally, if a layer is assigned a blend mode that is not compatible with Illustrator, that layer and everything below it will also be flattened.

If the pixelation you're experiencing is not related to either of these let us know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please add a dialogue box when working vectors that clipping masks will pixelate when transfering to desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @andrewv28277924,

Thank you for sharing your suggestion. Please consider posting your feedback on the Adobe Fresco Uservoice forum. This platform is actively monitored by the Fresco product team, and it allows users to suggest new features and improvements. Here's the link to the Uservoice forum for Adobe Fresco: Adobe Fresco Uservoice

By posting your idea there, you'll be able to engage with other users who might have similar thoughts, and the product team can directly review and consider your suggestion for future updates. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to let me know!

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines