• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows cursor in Fresco

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Fresco on a Surface Pro 16, Win 10 tablet. Unfortunately I get the normal Windows cursor (arrow) when drawing. I've already searched all possible menus (windows & Adobe) to turn it off, but can't find a solution.

It's a bit irritating and I would like to see the brush size or just a dot. I don't have this problem in other Adobe products. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this?

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Hello @cryothic @dracogiraffa @dctanjoe @Don28878734xrjz @Torsten.H,

Thanks for your patience. The product team is aware of this problem in Fresco version 4.4 and is working on a fix for a future release.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you're facing issue with the app here. I tried to check the same and I do see a cursor to use and draw on the canvas when I'm not using the pen. But as soon as I bring the pen closer to the screen the cursor changes to a dot. 

Does that not happen at your end? Which pen are you using? Is it connected to the device successfully?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sheena, sorry for the late reply, I had missed the mail.

I have the problem on a Wacom Studio 16 Pro Tablet with Win 10 (current version). By default I use the corresponding pen.

I have already checked all potentially possible menus (input, mouse configuration, Adobe Fresco menu, security software...). etc.) I can't get rid of my arrow^^.

I don't have this problem in any other program. PS, Illustrator, Clip Studio etc. Only in Fresco....

At the moment I am completely helpless. Does the problem appear also with other use?

Regards

Torsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That seems strange but looks like happening with Fresco only.

Please make sure all your work is successfully synced to the cloud and then try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fresco app on your device.

Let me know if that changes something.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

deinstalled, restarted and reinstalled....still the same effect.

When drawing with the mouse or the pen the windows arrow is on the screen.
When drawing with my fingers the cursor isn't there.

I suspect the problem is related to the new windows 10 cursor settings (Cursor size, Color etc.)
I will have a look during my x-mas break. I'll give u an update if I find out sonmething useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. I'll wait to hear back from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, just a quick info,

I have invested some time over the christmas time to search for the error. But I was not successful. I still do not know if it is a Wacom/Adobe or Windows problem.

rgrds

Torsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Wacom Intous Pro and I have this issue still. Is there another update or something I can do to get rid of the mouse arrow from windows while drawing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, it's here too. I am having the same issue as mentioned above. I am using Huion 1060 plus. The cursor is the same as windows default no matter which tool I select. It's weird because it only happens with Adobe Fresco. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here too. Using Fresco on a Huion GT 220 v2 and using Photoshop it shows, here it doesn't. I thought I found the option to make it work but it doesn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to add on to this: I am getting exact same problem as OP and have tried many things to try and fix. Running Fresco on Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 13 and win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this issue. 

Let me take it back to the engineering and check if we're hearing more about this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, same problem with Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 13 and W10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Our engineering team has identified this issue and are working on the fix. 

I'll update the thread once I've more details.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, just wondering if there's an update to this issue. I'm still new to all these programs, but I'm trying to learn on my brand new Cintiq 16 and Fresco has been the most comfortable for me, for sketching & practicing, but that arrow cursor is ANNOYING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it seems, that with the latest update the "arrow" problem is solved. It's now a circle like in PS. Hope that in upcoming updates it will be possible to swich the cursor style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, I solved on my surface pro 6: 

1. Open "Pen setting" on windows 10

2. On the right menu, Check-uncheck the "show cursor" option.

3. If you want to hide the dot and have nothing, you have to disable "fast startup" option under Windows Power Setting and then restart your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me, I still see the windows mouse arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me either...
any other workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem seems to exist on the Windows 10 Desktop version as well.

Hopefully we see a fix for this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add here, that I have the same Problem on Win10, Cintiq Pro. Windows cursor always present in Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking for a brush stamp preview? If you are, that can be enabled in App Settings > Input > Brushes > Brush Preview.
If that's not what you're looking for please give me additional information so I can ask the product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

Same problem ... even if I change > Brush preview

other problem ;

When I go to the wacom setting. It's icon windows and not fresco that appears.

Fresco.exe is installed in another folder, different from other adobe products ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the Brush Stamp Preview selected it wasn't changing from the Windows Cursor.
I say wasn't because it has partially been fixed in the latest update.

Once the Pen is touching the tablet (Wacom Intuos) the stamp appears, but there's no way to see the size of the brush (other than the numbers) until the pen touches tablet. The Windows cursor stays right up until contact is made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm experiencing the same issue with Huion GT-221 Pro and Windows 10. Have there been any fixes to this issue since it was first posted, 11 months ago?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines