Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Performance] Fresco on iPad - Not enough Storage Space

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I started using Adobe Fresco, but everytime I open it I get a message saying that I need at least 3gb of space on my iPad to be able to use it. I have more than 10 gb of free space so I don't really understand. I tried deleting a few things, restarting my iPad, re-downloading the app and I managed to make it work a few times, but I mostly just can't use it. 

I like using the app when I manage to make it work, so any advice would be welcomed 🙂 

Thank you, 

Isabelle

14/02/20 Update

Many months after I still have this problem. The issue went away for a while and it recently came back. The only way to fix it is to re-install the app and the last time I did that I lost a project I had worked on that I now have to re-do. Looking forward for this to be fixed, I'll be using procreate in the meanwhile

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Device , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Hi Wisbey and Ohiohaze. Wanted to make sure you saw my response above so I'm reposting it here: The team believes it's discovered the problem and we'll be releasing an update very soon that hopefully will resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kirsten30486594ibaw,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand the frustration you're facing with the "Low on Storage" notification and the inability to access the app despite having 130 GB of storage.

I checked that you have been in touch with our technical support team. I wanted to follow up and inquire if the recommended solution of grouping/merging or flattening layers, then attempting to save, was helpful or not. As an alternative, you could also try exporting the file as a PSD and then importing it again as a temporary workaround. Would you mind letting me know if any of these options have worked for you?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi just FYI i am also experiencing this issue with Fresco. The low storage message keeps appearing and the app has become very sluggish despite me having ample room on my ipad pro 4th gen. This is becoming very frustrating especially as i'm really enjoying the Fresco app which for me is more intuitive than Procreate. Is this close to being resolved yet?

Regards Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for fix....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates? I'm getting this error. 40gb are free, iPad Pro 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bluecrabweb ,

I'm sorry that you're still facing this error. We've released a new update on Monday for the app which fixes this issue. 

Please see https://community.adobe.com/t5/Fresco/Fix-the-storage-errors-now/td-p/10690445 to know about the same.

Kindly update your app and then check. Feel free to loet us know if you still face the issue.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

30D88348-E673-4826-B163-218F952AD111.pngThis is what I get when im trying to create a new document. Ive tried deleting the app getting rid of stuff. And I do have space. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya, 

I am having the same problem in September2020! I have noticed this thread is from last year. Anyone know if this has been resolved is there a workaround in place?

I can't open or work on any projects at the moment.

Any guidance much apreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SSFC4

Please message me through Fresco's Report A Bug link (tap the gear icon in the upper nav then App Settings > Help > Support > Send Feedback); I need to see all of the device/app information that automatically populates the email.

Also when you message us there please send a screenshot of the low storage alert you're seeing (there are a couple different errors). 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a total Joke on behalf of adobe, they expect us to buy new iPad every time fresco ate up all your memory. I have 2TB DRIVEs attach to my iPad, and only can save work manually in photoshop format. The files are on the cloud only set up. I have 250GB of fresco work on the iPad when I check setting. No way to find it. I install various file management apps including drop box, none solve the problem. As far that I can see the only way to solve it is inside fresco setting to allow save all fresco location to external ssd or flash. I keep all my masters on sdk cards. Only fresco become bloated. Like this. In safari on the setting you can clear temporary files. In case of Fresco it is the actual non logical sync system adobe use. You delete the files on iPad and it will delete it. On cloud and IPad. Fresco is a unic app that use the quality of IPad to work as you are on a canvas, out of the quality hardware it would not be the same. So many times communicated with adobe. Problems like this can be very small fix. So many fall to the trap. So adobe as a user of photoshop version 1 and all your software 30 years, developer / sudo developer and artist. Go inside the app setting inside fresco add on: save your files to local directory and an option to cloud backup.

--do not delegate work when it is delegated locally.   Yes / No. look like that in todays world some peaple believe that they can decide for all of us and call it freedom.

adobe ignor this for far to long, I surest let them know that you will not recommend them.

I fix our software on daily interval if you have a team dedicated just for one software. You can not repeate the success of photoshop as you split your software to too many units. Fresco and photoshop and lightroom, classic, illustrator should be one software. Reduce the price and sale more as you did with photoshop V1. For the moment just add a path to external card, so the new path willl transfer from the iPad fresco over bloated memory to external device. iPad is fast and reliable product, any app that not work with the system should be removed. Until Apple will solve this horror. Until then we all pay monthly fee so do your Job.

thanks

Ron

dlrector@shiloh.studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

do you mind writing into Fresco support (report a bug within the app) so get this issue resolved. We can take a deeper look if its still not working for you. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue 😕 except it says 0.3GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! I just downloaded this app on an iPad I just checked out from the library and I am getting the same issue. Did an update ever happen? How can I fix this bug? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022 & this problem STILL ISNT fixed. I just had the app open, closed it for 10 minutes, tried to open it again and it says I need to clear up 3.2G of space! This is getting super annoying. No matter how much space I clear up, it never stops. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same here! It was saying 0.3GB so I deleted that much in phone storage now it's saying 3.2GB needs to be freed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue here as well.. 2022 and this forum is from ?2019? This is a students device so hearing from others losing data when they remove and re-install the app to troubleshoot is concerning. Can we get a new update from Adobe on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. I've barely got anything left on my ipad because I had to free up 3.2 MB to use Fresco. (same msg that someone sent in the screenshot of. ) After freeing up that space, it still said I needed to free 3.2 MB on my ipad. Meanwhile, I'm only using half of my cloud storage and my settings are to save to the cloud only (no local). So frustratung. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also currently experiencing this issue. My creative cloud and iPad have enough space but fresco continues to insist I don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a same problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Maria2752934978b0,

We are sorry for the trouble. There is a workaround to keep your work and have enough space in the creative cloud.
You may export the finished or old projects that are no longer required, export them as PSD, and save them locally. Now, you can delete the PSD exported project from Fresco to make more space in the Creative cloud.

These PSD files can be imported again in Fresco, and they will be editable. 

Let me know if the issue persists after doing this.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. 

I tried to export them as a PSD but in order for me to export them I need to free up space. I've deleted well of 20 docs in fresco and it still isn't enough space. 

I have plenty of Creative Cloud Space, and plenty of iPad space, and have presently deleted everything in the trash in fresco. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nichole5E19,

Sorry for the trouble you are facing with storage. I checked you have 101 GB of free storage in the Creative Cloud.

Would you mind using a different internet connection (mobile hotspot/ home or office wifi to see if that helps?
Also, ensure that when you choose the "Save to File" option while exporting PSD, you are saving on your iPad, not iCloud Drive, as it has only 5GB of free storage and might be full.

If it doesn't, Would you mind confirming the "Available Space" showing up in Fresco > Settings > Account > Creative Cloud storage and iPad settings > General > iPad Storage? Also, are you getting any errors while exporting PSD? If yes, please share a screenshot.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I've been a user of Adobe Fresco for a few years now, and for a while I didn't run into any problems. I've really enjoyed the app as a whole and it has hands-down been one of my favorite art apps to use on the App Store. But after a while the notification "Low on Storage: Your device storage is low and document recovery has failed. Please free up 3.2 GB of device storage and retry" started to pop up periodically and I would delete old artwork and photos, apps, etc. from my device. But now I am unable to enter the app at all despite how much storage I free up (device storage as well as iCloud storage, I have tried both). I looked to see if I could report a bug in the app, but am unable to with the notification blocking me from any access to the app or my prior work. I also tried to report a problem from the App Store and the developer website to report a problem, but it seems I am unable to as "reporting is unavailable" for the free app. I've scoured for answers on many of your official forum pages, but I'm hitting a wall as I've done everything I can think of to fix the problem. At this point I am just wanting to be able to get in so I can recover my files and not lose any/all of my data since I'm too concerned it would erase it if I tried to delete and reinstall the app. Perhaps it has to do with "creative storage" that I've heard about? I have 7 full GB of storage on my 8th generation IPad and have the latest update of Adobe Fresco with 15.5 for the software version of my IPad. If you have anything new to share on the matter, I would greatly appreciate it! 

Thank you Adobe Support for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 years after and I'm facing the same problem! Now I'm afraid to reinstall and lose my projects I worked so long on.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Jéssica35075303qhxd,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, device make/model, and the storage available on your device / cloud (https://adobe.ly/49uXOqX) so that we can better assist you?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines