• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easier way to quote other posts or sections of

Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious but it's currently impossible to quote any section of someones post. The only thing the qoute button  currently does is plonk the entire original post into yours.

From what I've gathered this community platform isn't owned by Adobe so I understand that they can only cascade this request to those that design/maintain it but one can hope...

If you look at the feature set and speed of the community/forum platform that most companies use these days that one is miles ahead. Look at blenderartists.org or ACESCentral.

What I hope to see is for quoting that you can simply select a range of text and you create a quote from it including the tag that notes from who it was.

Example from BlenderArtists

Shebbe_0-1703174889603.png

Idea No status
TOPICS
Enhancement , Feature request , General Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after quoting the entire message, you can delete the parts you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which shouldn't be necessary. It also doesn't solve the fact that for whatever reason only the original post can be quoted and not someone else's post in that topic. And even if that was possible, you don't want to keep repeating the same deletion process if you want to quote say 4 sections of someones post separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the original post issue only applies to ideas/bugs forums ( i think).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shebbe 

I agree that making a selection before replying is a great idea and I've cast my upvote. (There are now two!) That's how it works in my mail application and I love it.

You posted to Ideas, so staff will see it even if they don't reply. It may or may not be possible with the Khoros software.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It is easier to select and push the quote button, than push the quote button, and delete.

only the original post can be quoted and not someone else's post in that topic

by @Shebbe 

That's only an issue here and in the bugs section. These sections are also unthreaded linear. There seem to be technical reasons for this. You also have my vote.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no one's ever accused adobe of being among the most nimble of corporations, but the forums, in particular, are painfully slow to change.  and they're not even run by adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate