• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Third-party authenticator apps

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, Adobe only offers the option to use Adobe Account Access for app-based MFA.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I want to keep my logins under one MFA app as much as possible. Adobe should allow users to connect their accounts to third-party authenticator apps like Duo Mobile, Authy, LastPass Authenticator, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a shame to need another app for a simple TOTP... 

How do you think it will help security? too many apps for the same thing will kill the security if you continue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed; I don't want to have to install Adobe on my phone, and have the TOTP ONLY on my phone, as opposed to my computer. But instead, I'm stuck using my obsolete authentication app, because if I remove Adobe 2FA, I can't add it again using my current authenticator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a feature that was functional not long ago... and now Adobe has removed it. It is preposterous that a company demands to use their own proprietary 2FA app versus a unified aggregator like Google Authenticator, Authy, or even the newest Apple Password implementation. Adobe has taken a step backward in its users' convenience. Please correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan-discussions/how-do-i-enable-totp-2-factor-authen... demonstrates, this is technically already implemented. However, it's hidden for anyone who hasn't already enabled it.

Remember to tag me when responding to me in case I'm not subscribed to the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing support for industry standard 2FA (like TOTP) makes no sense.  Requiring people to have a special app just for Adobe encourages them to just not use 2FA (my current choice). 

If anything you should be adding support for additional open 2FA standards (like FIDO2/WebAuthn and FIDO U2F), not removing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very few times have I ever made forum posts. Adobe, we need this very common feature. Get it together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the double post. Refreshing the Site didn't show up the post.

If you are able to, please delete the double and if you've finished with this task, please just implement the 3rd party Authentication back.

As people already mentioned, the method must still be available because the current Adobe-Method can't be using anything else.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@EpyGod 

i can (and did) remove the duplicate, but can't influence (any more than you) the suggestion here.

Votes

Translate

Translate