• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for iPhone 14 pro 48mp capture

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just have a quick question, i got the iphone 14 Pro today and i have noticed there is no way to take a 48 MP image from it within LRM, they are 12mp at the moment even in DNG, so i was wondering if the full resolution of 48PM from the main camera be possible in a future release??

Thank you for your time. 

Stephane

Idea No status
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
15 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The iphone14 is not currently supported. I am sure a future upgrade will support these files but it might be a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok then, crossing my fingers that we won't be waiting to long. 😊. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here for the same thing. I specifically only want to shoot raw for stock which I would add direct to Lightroom CC. Hoping for an upgrade soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be honest with you, what i am really curious about is to see if they will be able to pull the full 48PM in DHR, where it merges 3 shots together for one big DNG, i use this all the time right now now in 12MP but if they could do this it would be incredible. My mirrorless camera would be in my closet much more often 😉

-Stephane
www.stephanecouture.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you are observing the same thing I am--I have LR set up to import all my iPhone shots, and when it brings in the 48mp shots I find that they are all very dark. The same images do not seem dark when processed in the Photos app on the phone. They can all be brightened in the course of processing and there is no discernible reduction in quality, but it seems odd that they need processing to be at all usable. Maybe that's part of the whole thing that causes LR not to be able to shoot 48mp photos with its own camera function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The under exposure problem will be fixed soon i am sure, the iphone 14 is just not supported officially in LRM, the same thing happened with the 13 last year. In the mean time you can push the "auto" exposure or use the ApplePro Raw profile in LRM, it's not perfect but it brings you closer 😊.  I hop this helps a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly I can't use my favorite presets 😢

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe!!! iPhone 14 !! we are not talking about some obscure brand that suddenly came to market!! ... alternativly should I start moving my images to another platform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear support,

Today is 2023 year, but 48mp still not supprted by Adobe. When this important feature will be available 48mp RAW (not ProRaw)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are in mid 2023 and this feature is still no available... quite disappointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is July 2023, can we use iphone 14  48 mp  feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know other apps are allowing 48PM captures within there apps for many months now, i wonder why we still can't in LRM. I just wish there would be a dialog with Adobe about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

La habilidad de poder tomar fotos en 48 megapixeles en Raw con la cámara de Lightroom en dispositivos Iphone pro 14/15 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's November 2023 and still not support for 48mp in Iphone 14/15 pro 🙃

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using Lightroom Mobile 9.2.0 on an iPhone 15 Pro Max with iOS 17.3.1.

The main lens (dubbed "W" for "wide" in the Lightroom camera interface) allows a resolution of 6048 x 8064 pixels (48 MP), and, with the proper settings, the built-in Apple camera app produces DNG's with this resolution.

However, the Lightroom Mobile camera interface always capures images with a resolution of 3024 x 4032 pixels (12 MP). This seems like a bug to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate