• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Web: Ability to Watermark images

LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

put the watermark option on the web page for Lightroom cc, I have the option on my ipad but not on my MacBook.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
45 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a feature request that would help out so much in my workflow. I am continually sharing collection albums with clients via Lightroom syncing. The issue is that clients love to take screenshots of my work without paying for it. So, I have to export my photos with a watermark and then re-import them into Lightroom to sync with the cloud before sharing the album with them. Or, I may also manually create the album in my Lightroom gallery online and upload to it my exported images with watermark. What would be so helpful is the ability to add watermark to the virtual copies that get created and synced with Lightroom so I could share the album of watermarked images with my clients all in one step.

Pretty please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The watermark section is labeled as a sharing option. However sharing photos the the Web does not show watermarks. Since it only works on export it should be labeled as an export option to avoid confusion.Secondarily, sharing to the web is important and a watermark feature should be available for shared web albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having navigated to where I can add the text watermark and finding I can only add it if exporting photos I'm hoping it's in the works that we can add a watermark to all images in online galleries so that clients can't screenshot images without a watermark on... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add watermarks to images in web galleries by selecting watermark in the output settings panel.

Further details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/lightroom-classic/help/web-gallery-layouts.html#display_a_copyright_wate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love the option to share images with a watermark through a link in Lightroom without having to export and re-import them. Allowing clients to view and select images to purchase while also protecting images from being saved by screenshot. This would make workflow more efficient and faster. After client selects photos to purchase the watermark could then be removed and the likes and comments on the photos would be easier to find. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i need to share an album with a watermark, i need to first select all the photos, select export and add the watermark, then upload all the photos to a new album and then share it. 

We should be able to just click an add watermark feature so it adds the watermark to the entire album and we can just create link to share. once we want to take off the watermark, we just unclick it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, this feature is essential. Forcing me to export my photos and use a third party service just to get a watermark is costing me scores of hours. Adobe pleaseeeeee add this feature. Just like when exporting photos, offer a "show watermark" checkbox on the Share (public link) workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is desperately wanted

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to have the watermark on the mobile app when I share a link to the album. I have seen it for when I send the pics through email and by text but there is no option for when I send a link to the album to someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upvote and comment on this thread. Agreed, it's would be a good idea:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-web/lightroom-web-ability-to-watermark-images...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the watermark feature to shared albums. This will solve a major issue with I have with clients stealing my work without paying for it by screenshotting my images 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto, so bummed on exporting + reuploading + sharing work flow....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo ,

Ik gebruik LR Classic, 11.1op mijn Imac met macOS Big Sur 11.6.1.

Ik publiceer mijn verzamlingen op mijn website (Steenfotografie.nl) maar wil ter bescherming van mijn copyright een watermerk in mijn foto's.

Bij exporteren werkt het super echter in een verzameling kan het niet (voor zover ik weet).

voorbeeld zonder watermerk in verzameling (https://lightroom.adobe.com/shares/dbcd81e459fb4542bbe0ea6b7cf952f8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your tip, I've started testing this web module! And upload it to my site. Still need to look for the right template. Thanks again for your tip, Merry Christmas

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The share & invite feature on web ,mobile and cc creates a link that you can share to clients, you can enable to option to allow jpeg downloads, however there is no option to enable watermark on those downloads, I'm trying to make my work flow easier.

In order to send clients watermarked images, I would have to export with watermark, upload to my Google drive and send the a shared link from Google drive. If however there is an option to enable jpeg downloads with watermark, it would make my work flow easier, not having to export with the watermark then you another cloud storage provider to share. Please advise if this feature can be enabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merged with the main thread for this request.

Please add your vote by tapping the Upvote button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ability to add a watermark to Shared & Invite albums via Adobe Lightroom app and desktop version. This is a great and easy way to send proof albums to clients to pick favorites and add comments with a Watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

i create a collection in Lightroom Classic and share it online that my clients can see the photos to comment and like them. Normally i  get a respone which photo they wanna have. I develop the photo, send my invoice and were fine.

Sometimes i dont get a response and the client dont wanna have a photo, because they are able to make screenshots from the photos and dont wanna pay. (I think they are fine with the already good looking UNdeveloped photos).

Please implement the option "watermark" or "copyright" in the settings as shown in the photo below.

Im sure a lot of people will love it.

Thank you for your help

Best regards 

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the mobile part of LR CC to sync collections so that I can send the link to clients for viewing and approve/disapprove, like or hate, etc.  I find that there is an extreme possibility of theft of my photos and I am looking for a way to put my proof copyright on the subject photo prior to syncing the collection.  I am not able to find a way to do this in LR without exporting first or to a "print to file", both of which I do not want to do.  Question: is there a way to accomplish the watermark without going into PS, applying the watermark and then return it to LR?  Can I make a watermark into a preset, that I can use the spray can on for a large number of photos, or just apply a  preset to the selected photos?  Searching for answers.

thanks in advance for your help

Joe Hudspeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this moment- No. But it has been requested by others.

Currently you must Export a derivative image file so as to embed the watermark into the pixel data of the image.

You do not need to go to Photoshop for a watermark (creating a TIF), instead, Export from LrC with a Watermark (as a JPG at long edge dimension of 2560px would be sufficient.). Check the export option to "Add to this Catalog", and a selected folder, to then create a Collection you can sync to the Cloud.

Create an Export Preset that can shorten the procedure.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something I personally need very badly.

I need to share contact sheets with customers but at the same time ensure none of the images are downloaded (not even screen captured) directly from the preview albums. 

I know I can work around this by exporting JPGs and then adding them separately for sharing but that is cumbersome.

What we need is the ability to add watermarks at the sharing stage without having to imprint them onto the image files themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photographers need watermarks that are easily/quickly mass applied and removed during proofing.

Also, proofing should be simultaneously visible on the desktop app as well as online via the link provided to the client. That would be a HUGE help and improvement.

This enhancement would not only reduce "stealing" images (clients screenshotting un-watermarked images beyond the amount they paid for), it would also eliminate double work and confusion for the client and the photographer.

Today, I have to access the online proofing link to then attribute it somehow to then reflect the client's selections on the desktop app (ex: I apply 5 stars to each selection....time inefficiency when there are tons of selections).

(If you all are looking for a Product Manager, contact me! I have PM experience in the retail space.)

Votes

Translate

Translate