• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to change the interface background color

LEGEND ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to be able to change the background color of the Lightroom Mobile interface while I'm editing an image. Working freelance and traveling a lot and commuting, I use my iPad a lot to make adjustments so I can save time. Several of my jobs have required me to have backgrounds close to white but without being white (specifically e-commerce photos). Even though I'm using the clipping mask to see my white and black points, it would still be nice to have a white background during those projects to make sure I don't make my models look like they're floating in the middle of nowhere. It would be one more step I could get done before even getting to the studio! Thanks!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , tvOS: Apple TV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
58 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100% with this. Most of our photography will be seen on white backgrounds, Instagram, websites, etc

Much more useful than the dark grey one

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur.  And furthermore -- I'd like to be able to change the background for the Develop module toolbox to a lighter color to get more contract between the background and the text.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I’m looking for pure white editing backdrop as all my product photography is used for Instagram, website, and a bunch of other places where white is the platform’s main backdrop.

I’m constantly amazed at how different images look edited on white vs black/grey.

Please add this feature 🙂 could be a night/day switch (black/white)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second this idea. My Photograpbhy mostly goes on IG and a white BG is needed for appropriate preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, is easy on desktop and photoshop lets bring it to the mobile app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely would take some of the guesswork out of getting highlights right especially when the brightest parts of a scene aren’t that bright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow us to edit our photos on a different shade background, e.g. 18% gray or light gray, as we are already allowed to do in Lightroom CC Classic. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tagging along with the other replies.  This really needs to come to Lightroom Mobile.  Make this happen Adobe!  I think it's fair to say that most people editing on the mobile version of Lightroom are posting to either Instagram, (white background) or a portfolio site (light backgrounds are the trend right now, not dark).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of just having a dark background, change it to be white to see how the pictures will Pop when scrolling through Instagram (because Instagram has a white background).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give the option to change the interface color. Editing with a black background can be hard at times. I’d prefer a white or light grey option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Instagram supports Dark Mode on iOS this is more important than ever, but especially with a quick way to toggle the background colour.

It can be tricky to get the right level of brightness on an image against both white and black backgrounds but it is impossible without a good tool to show both contexts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After asking for a white background for 3 years - why has this not been done yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, is this function under consideration? This basic ability has yet to be implemented or at least given some consideration after years.

Recent updates on SD card direct import, batch copy and paste, additional export functions with color profiles are all on the right track. Please continue to focus equipping the mobile functions with these basic functions instead of enhancements on tutorials etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has already been discussed!Very simply I take product images for which the backgrounds must be white. On the desktop version, I can change the overall Lightroom app background to white which enables me to see whether I’m 100% white. It’s great. Sadly, it’s literally the only think stopping me from using my iPad for editing as either the feature doesn’t exist or I can’t find it. Seems a simple change to make? Surely I’m not alone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, I saw this feature has been requested 4 years ago and has not been implemented up until now. I believe is not that hard to implement this feature on the next update. All of our social media is using white background. this feature seems might not important but actually is that important for professional. I keep correcting my white balance over this thing. having white background interface is really helping for color correcting.
I hope you can make an update soon with this feature implemented.
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Добавить выбор фона рабочей области вокруг фото, белый, серый и т.д, а не только чёрный как сейчас.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to ability to change the -grey- background color in the editing mode to white or black on mobile just as you can on desktop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change the background color of the editing tab in the mobile app iOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at this time now. If you'd like to expand on how this would benefit your workflow, I'll switch it to a feature request though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have trouble with "dark mode" in general and I use the lightest colour theme I can in Photoshop. However under preferences for Lightroom there is no interface options for skins at all. Is there a way to change the theme/skin to "light mode" for Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several users have asked for such a feature. Unfortunately there is no "light" mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate