• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to change the interface background color

LEGEND ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to be able to change the background color of the Lightroom Mobile interface while I'm editing an image. Working freelance and traveling a lot and commuting, I use my iPad a lot to make adjustments so I can save time. Several of my jobs have required me to have backgrounds close to white but without being white (specifically e-commerce photos). Even though I'm using the clipping mask to see my white and black points, it would still be nice to have a white background during those projects to make sure I don't make my models look like they're floating in the middle of nowhere. It would be one more step I could get done before even getting to the studio! Thanks!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , tvOS: Apple TV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
65 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that this low hanging fruit has not been implemented yet makes me think the price for the subscription is not worth it anyway. One would expect continuous improvement from software with a subscription model.

I can't comprehend how this absolutely trivial feature has not made it to the front of the developers backlog by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm often editing images on the go using Lightroom Mobile for posting to social sites. Most of these use a white viewing background, making my images appear visually darker on final display. Would be great to have the option of a light color scheme when editing as otherwise it's just pure guesswork.

ps - a black background seems default on all photo apps when editing, seems an odd choice as I think the most common viewing environment for final use is a white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes this even more annoying is the the Creative Cloud app is in a nice light mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being able to view and edit your photos on a white or gray coloured background is essential. This is a simple feature that is present in Lightroom classic. My pictures always are too dark when only being able to edit on a black background. Currently I have to either export the images to view on a light background, or wait until I can view them on Lightroom classic on my desktop. Photoshop on iOS can be switched between dark and light modes, this isn't an ideal solution but is better than what Lightroom is currently offering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like my ipad app to have white in the background.  It is a feature in the web based version but not the ipad version of Lightroom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was 7 years ago and Adobe still does not care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think an important addition here is that now that Lightroom supports HDR editing, it's incredibly useful to use a white background to have a baseline for "SDR white." Adobe's own blog post introducing HDR editing in Lightroom suggests this as a technique for judging if you've gotten too far into the HDR realm ("white surround"). Given that recent iPhones, at least, pretty much all have screens capable of multiple HDR stops, it seems silly to not have this as a mobile option. The mobile app supports HDR, and Adobe says it is useful to use a white background to edit HDR. So...

Personally, the most HDR-capable device I have is my phone (MacBook Pro M1 can go to 1 stop; iPhone 12 can go to 3). If I'm going deep into HDR, I need to move to my phone to check/edit things for at least part of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have found a trick, that solves this problem, at leas for me. When a picture is open, tapping on the share icon, there is an option 'Add border and share'. This will show you a preview before actually sharing, where you can adjust the color and thickness of the border. And voila, you can see your image with a white background, of course, by these extra steps. I hope this helps some of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on some night scenes lately, and find cropping certain images very frustrating: I can't see the edge of a pitch black horizon against the black lightroom background. It would be nice to be able to switch from a "light mode" and a "dark mode" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely agree, I am also missing this very basic feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super silly solution

invert colors on device settings and then flip the curve in edit like your doing a negative. When your done with the batch just export as png or whatever you use and import the new file and flip the curve again because everything is now inverted. As usual contrast is the only non inverted thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please support changing the background color from black to white, similar to the desktop version. Editing on a black background can make a photo appear too dark, as there’s no white color for reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted - new Lightroom user posting to Instagram, really disappointed in the results - Lightroom has a great suite of features but when uploaded to instagram, my pictures look dull and flat - being able to edit with a true white environment would make such a difference to this.

After seeing the lack of support for a basic feature requested over 6 years ago, it has persuaded me against paying for the subscription.

I'm sure there are many others who have experienced this, who haven't bothered to find the forum, add an upvote, and a comment - this must be the tip of the iceberg!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must give up using lightroom - my eyes just cannot cope with dark mode. Why can you not provide such a simple feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my current workaround is exporting with a white background which is found under the share feature. I don't even actually export it. I just look at what it looks like in the little preview, and I can kind of judge if the photo is bright enough against that white background or not But I agree with your sentiment 

Votes

Translate

Translate