• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Decal Symmetry

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As decals (Warp projections) are Fill layers, they currently don’t support the symmetry feature. Adding symmetry to Fill layers would allow users to fully move/rotate/rescale a decal, and all changes would automatically influence the opposite side of the mesh.

Miror Decal.gif

This thread has been created in regards to a future QOL (Quality OLife) release. We’re trying to prioritize users’ needs; therefore, your voice is very important!

Please write your feedback below and don’t forget to vote for your favorite suggestions!
All shared images are purely for visualization and not functional features.

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe
Idea No status
TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While a good feature in itself, it feels like half a solution. I often find myself in a situation where I need to mirror something over late into a project (design changes, etc), and to use the Mirror filter your UV's need to be fully symmetrical as it operates in UV space. A worldspace Mirror Filter seems like it'd solve both the issue for decals and any other situation that comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, the feature would work with Symmetry (not like the mirror filter), so it would work in WorldSpace. In theory (nothing has been develop already), it would behave similarly to how the Path tool works with Symmetry.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand, I'm just saying a more general solution would be preferable to me. Not having a world space symmetry filter has long been an issue for me, and adding that would, to my mind, solve both this issue -and others- at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources