• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat PDF File Format is having difficulties. Bad parameter.

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why Adobe illustrator is suddenly giving me this message on files... preventing my saving them...? ANyone else had this recently? It has only happend since yesaterday....

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 10.00.45.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience! We have tried to fix this issue in our Pre-release build 27.4. Please go to the Pre-release section of Creative Cloud, install the 27.4 version, and share your observations with us.

SrishtiBali_0-1679550432467.png

If you haven't subscribed to the Pre-release program yet, click here to subscribe. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Hi @Bombcrater,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns regarding the latest version of Illustrator. We understand how frustrating it can be when a bug persists even after updating the software. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regarding the pre-release version, it is available for all users. However, the latest version, v27.4, is currently being rolled out in phases and is only available to users in certain countries. We apologize for any confusion cau

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen saving or when importing them?

What kind of PDF is it? Which application created it?

Which version and system are you on?

What has changed from before this happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on macOS Ventura 13.2.1 
Illustrator 2023 27.3.1

Problem happens when trying to save some illustrator files as a PDF from the Ai version of the file.
Problem also happens when trying to just save the Ai file and I have the "Create PDF Compatible file" checked.

File saves ok when box is unchecked...

Nothing has seemingly change since yesterday, when everything was working fine.
Unless updates have automatically happened in the background...

I was saving Ai files as PDFs fine yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried it (just in case) and it worked for me. But I'm also still on Monterey.

What's inside your file? And if there are fonts, then which ones? Any special color management settings?

Where do you save your files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @treefrog designs do you have special characters in the document name or foreign language fonts live in your document? I've seen similar issues with accents in the file name or properties Title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no foreign or weird characters in the files names... I'm used to these issues too, so always careful with my file naming 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @treefrog designs did you check file info and the Document Title metadata?

We've had this break PDFs too.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1677850357522.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! I am on new mac with newst OS and newest version of AI. I updated AI today and after doing that this same thing happened when trying to save existing files as either AI or PDF.  I restarted, reset prefs etc. I downgraded back one version of AI and it works fine, so its the newet version that is causing it on my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaah so this could be a bug with the latest version...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @treefrog designs @dennisboltphcs can you both check to see if Illustrator is listed under Apple System Prefs/Security and Privacy/Full Disk Access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks, Just tried this but still having same error message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@treefrog designs sorry if you posted already - what preset are you using when saving PDF? Have you tried using PDFX1-a or another preset without modifications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got any solutions for this yet?
It's driving me nuts.
Most of my files are fine but some just won't save even as Ai let alone PDFs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @treefrog designs you didnt reply to the last post. What happens if you save as using a preset (example PDF X1-a) and do not modify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it happens if i'm just saving an Ai file as an Ai file now.
If I uncheck the "Create PDF Compatible file" at the time of saving it works... but then that doesn't really help me as I need to save it as a PDF too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new wrinkle - now you cant save Ai files? Where are you saving to - local HD or external, server, cloud synced folder, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried saving to external HD aswell as my local HD. Not tried cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @treefrog designs keep saving to local to avoid extraneous issues.

Check your Apple System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Full Disk Access is Illustrator listed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried this previously but made no difference...
It must surely be something to do with PDF settings / compatibility in illustrator if saving works when I uncheck that "Create PDF Compatible file" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be - another user noted rolling back to the previous build resolved. Not sure what specifically could be causing this on your machine. You could try going to

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Logging into the page, then click the chat pod at the bottom right. Type "AGENT" to get a real person - they can schedule a 1:1 with an engineer to remote in and check your specific setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced the same problem as you.. i tried everything.. but to no avail until i proceeded to downgrade one version lower.. then everything is possible again.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me which version exactly you went for ? I have Windows 10 and have the same problem 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading the version of Illustratgor solved it for me. I was on newest and just went one subversion back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Really? I have Windows 10, went 1 subversion down without change - still unable to safe pdf file to my local drive 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encounted this today when saving an .ai file which didn't allow me to save. In the save dialoge i unchecked "Create compatible pdf" and it allowed me to save my ai file. i am however still getting the error when saving as PDF.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines