• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat PDF File Format is having difficulties. Bad parameter.

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why Adobe illustrator is suddenly giving me this message on files... preventing my saving them...? ANyone else had this recently? It has only happend since yesaterday....

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 10.00.45.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience! We have tried to fix this issue in our Pre-release build 27.4. Please go to the Pre-release section of Creative Cloud, install the 27.4 version, and share your observations with us.

SrishtiBali_0-1679550432467.png

If you haven't subscribed to the Pre-release program yet, click here to subscribe. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Hi @Bombcrater,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns regarding the latest version of Illustrator. We understand how frustrating it can be when a bug persists even after updating the software. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regarding the pre-release version, it is available for all users. However, the latest version, v27.4, is currently being rolled out in phases and is only available to users in certain countries. We apologize for any confusion cau

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed the same. See my comment and shared file on page 2 of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finaly!!!! My vector can't work at Illustrator (version 27.3.1)
pls. checking your vector and Rasterize it.
Screen Shot 2566-03-20 at 23.21.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had the same message and I have identified what is the reason:

Since "illustrator 2023" there is somme problems / bugs with opacity filter (see the picture below) => Try this: Create a simple shape (ceircle fill with black) and creat an opacity shape in the center of the circle (I use adobe on a PC).

Then copy and past front (Ctrl + F) and try to save as a PDF =>  If you have illustrator 2023 , the message "Bad parameter" will appears. Then just slide the top shape to avoid the 2 shapes matching each over and try again to save as a PDF = IT will work. 

The message bad parameter will also appear if you save in illustrator .ai if you keep "save and keep the PDF compatibility" =  Undo the chek to save as illustrator.

So the solution is to re-insatall the 2022 illustrator version (Dixit Adobe assistance (!)) :(.

Note that this opacity compatibilty creat the same problem with indesign in the last update version (18.1): It is impossible to export as a PDF if your document include vectorial illustrations which containing a shape with "opacity filter"bad parameter_Opacity filter_Illustrator_2023-03-21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it's done.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs more votes. As of this writing there are only 10 votes. Hardly enough to put it in Adobe engineers' radar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would if I could but that form is not allowing me to use my credentials to post a comment, I have tried several times since this problem has arisen.  These are the same ones I have used to sign in here.  Seems to be the ideal way for Adobe to limit the number of complaints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you need a create a new one for Uservoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Just for your information I'have posted a complains for the same problem but in INDESIGN.

Illustrations with transparency masks = not possible to export in PDF => must re-install the indesign 2022 version (17.4) to avoid the problem.

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39058867-id-cc-2020-pdf...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem this morning. I like to work with several layers separating text, images, dielines, etc on my artwork and apparently AI 27.3.1 doesn't like that. If I flatten everything to a single layer (or make all my layers a sublayer of a single one) than it saves the files with no problems as it used to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into this issue today as well. Downgraded one version and everything works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem1679539964606.jpg. I am unable to save an Adobe Illustrator file in the .ai format. This file was sent to me by a client and needs to be adjusted for printing, so I cannot remove layers. I also need to save it in both .ai and .pdf formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience! We have tried to fix this issue in our Pre-release build 27.4. Please go to the Pre-release section of Creative Cloud, install the 27.4 version, and share your observations with us.

SrishtiBali_0-1679550432467.png

If you haven't subscribed to the Pre-release program yet, click here to subscribe. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's amusing that the correct answer is an alleged bug fix with no acceptance that the bug has been fixed in the latest version. its another 'have a go and beta test the live version for us'.

Illsutrator 27.4 is now live so the prelrelease version should not be required.

I am sure you will get feedback if Adobe have failed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bombcrater,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns regarding the latest version of Illustrator. We understand how frustrating it can be when a bug persists even after updating the software. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regarding the pre-release version, it is available for all users. However, the latest version, v27.4, is currently being rolled out in phases and is only available to users in certain countries. We apologize for any confusion caused by our communication on this matter.

We will ensure that this information is clarified on our HelpX documentation soon.

In addition, I appreciate all the users sharing the scenarios and files in which they have encountered the error.
Special thanks to @kevin stohlmeyer & @Ton Frederiks for reporting this and routing users to UserVoice.

I can confirm that I have reviewed the scenarios & files and could not replicate the issue on v27.4. If anyone continues to experience any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to @Srishti Bali or me for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am also working with an Illustrator file and receive the subject error while attempting to save it as a PDF-compatible file (which it is currently not), which is required for me to load the AI file into an InDesign file that I'm using to layer several AI files. I downloaded both pre-release/Beta Versions 27.4 and 27.6 and still experienced the error while attempting to save the AI file as PDF-compatible. I look forward to a resolution, as I need to be able to successfully load the AI file into my InDesign file within the next few days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pierregerard,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same error even after updating to the pre-release and beta versions of Illustrator. We understand how important it is for you to load the AI file into your InDesign file, and we will do our best to help you resolve the issue.

Thank you for your efforts in testing the pre-release and beta versions. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

To help us investigate the issue further, would you mind packaging your Ai file and sharing the packaged folder with us here or via DM with me? This will enable our product team to take a closer look and find a solution to the problem.

Rest assured, we are aware of the issue and will do everything we can to help you resolve it.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @pierregerard, for sharing the file via DM. I was able to save the files in both PDF and Ai with "Create PDF Compatible File" without getting the error. I tested this with the v27.4 public release version, which will be rolled out soon for everyone on a Macbook Pro M1 Max.

Anshul_Saini_1-1679697925543.png

Please feel free to share if there are any other files in which you are facing the issue, and I will be happy to check on my end. In the meantime, you may roll back to v27.2 and wait for v27.4, which will be available in the coming week.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini I am still experiencing the error on my copy of Illustrator 27.4 running on Windows 10 Enterprise. I also had experienced the error on Illustrator 27.3 before attempting the suggested newer versions in this thread. I'm not able to use a Mac OS for this task, so please advise on how the error may be resolved or worked around. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @pierregerard,

Thank you for your time & patience. I apologize for the delay in response. Would you mind updating the Illustrator to v27.4.1, which was released today, and checking if the issue persists? If it does, can you try creating a new document and see if the error occurs again? If it does, please share the reproducible steps with us so that we can investigate further and share the information with the Illustrator product team.

We appreciate your cooperation and assistance in resolving this issue.

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mi solucion fue bajar auna version anterior estable, (27.0), ya que incluso la version Beta me continuaba el error. con la version 27.0 ya no aparece este error. Esperemos hasta que lo corrigan en proximas versiones, mientras NO voy a actualizar hasta que halla una version mas nueva que la 27.3.1, a ver si cirrigen este error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines