• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Added Bleed but Not Printing with Bleed

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've watching every tutorial on youtube, and read everything on Adobe about how to add a bleed successfully for printing. Yet when I go to print, it still shows up without a bleed and won't print with a bleed to the edge. What am I doing wrong or missing?? Truly, I've done everything.Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 11.13.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-27 at 11.13.17 AM.png

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the Marks & Bleed print options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the "Marks and Bleeds" in the list on the left, and make sure bleeds are selected. You turn on crop marks there as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did that!Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 11.58.43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, we posted at same time.  Change your paper size. If not coming up download the driver for your printer model.

MikeGondek_0-1651075418184.png

If still having trouble and want this printed ASAP, just draw your own manual trim marks, the make your artboard size larger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the red line I can see you set your bleed correctly. It might not be printing if you unchecked the use document bleed settings which was on by default

MikeGondek_1-1651075318243.png

You can draw a rectangle to artboard size and use 

object >> Create Trim Marks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To print bleed, you have to print on paper that's larger than your page size.

JohnMensinger_0-1651075837996.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch! I missed that.

Bleed requires a larger page size than the actual document, that's the point of bleed. Print on larger paper, cut to the final size.

I personally also prefer all marks other than trim marks turned off, and those offset .125" so they don't poke into the bleed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you all! i tried all of that and still isn't working. i also downloaded the driver again for my Epson printer but it's not allowing me to change the "defined by driver" size to the size. I did change the size in page setup though which usually always works. And even when I save as a pdf, it doesn't extend for the bleed. losing my mind!Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 2.59.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-27 at 2.59.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

even when I save as a pdf, it doesn't extend for the bleed. losing my mind!Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 2.59.06 PM.png

By @jessicag3258874

^That certainly looks like it's got the bleed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines