• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard Rotation while using touchpad for zoom in Illustrator 25.3

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, recently I faced a new problem. When I use the trackpad for zoom-in/out the artboard keeps rotating. I don't know how can I fix this problem.Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 23.27.43.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Thanks @Monika Gause 

@Amir Mahdi Moslehi you can also use Esc. key to reset the unintended rotation of canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this feature has caused. We are working on the feedback shared by all of you and will be sharing all the updates related to this issue on our UserVoice page ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43637925-canvas-rotation-feature-is-obstructing-regular-pin ).

Till the time it is fixed, please try one of the workarounds already shared on this post, i.e.:

• Press the Esc key.
  • Double click the Rotate View tool.
  • Press

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Anyone reading this today may be glad to know that updating to Illustrator 25.4 introduces this option in preferences:

Screenshot 2021-07-27 164829.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi all, 

We have tried to address this issue in our latest release. Update 25.4.1 is live for all the countries. Please update Illustrator to the latest version to get access to this option (Trackpad Gesture to Rotate View).

SrishtiBali_0-1628011831408.png

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future, we'd be happy to help.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Hi I solved this problem by going to macbook System Preferences> Track Pad >Scroll and Zoom > Rotate and uncheck rotate with two fingers .

Hope this helps if there isn't already another solution that i have missed. 

Jo 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 168 Replies 168
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat, I have the newest update 25.4.1 and disabled the 'trackpad gesture to rotate view' and it still accidentally rotates constantly. You think resetting Illustrator prefrences will fix this? Or is this toggle just not effective? Need to know, it's making my touchpad really frustrating to use with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find trackpad gesture rotation view to lock/disable this functionality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 6 or 7 messages above your current message is one showing the AI General Preferences window with the checkbox shown. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this has been causing me problems all day, very annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn this #@%! "feature" off. 

So, SO annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update Illustrator and then you can turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve followed the discussion about this indcredibly annoying feature and at least I can say exactly what is causing my irritation since it is interfering with how I´ve been working in Illustrator for 2 decades. ( I´m NOT even  working with a trackpad anymore, a regular keyboard and YES I´ve tried turning the feature off in the latest version, 25.4.1, which doesn´t help with or without trackpad.)

If I have SHIFT pressed and select several objects or anchorpoints and at the same time want to use the handtool on my artboard selecting more objects or points ( pressing SPACE) I get the symbol for rotating canvas instead and accidently rotate everything. If I let go of SHIFT and only press the SPACE bar my selection is intact, the hand tool appears and I can scroll in my artboard. That means I need to stop pressing the SHIFT everytime I need to scroll and I have to change my programmed behaviour, not so great in the world of UX.

THIS is what is causing my frustration and of course the fact that I will never use the rotate canvas feature. ( I DO understand it´s purpose though, but is it really necessary to incorporate it using the space bar?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought about this a lot and decided that i dont use rotation for a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g. on my trackpad, its just not my workflow. 

That said, I turned off rotation in the System Preferences>Trackpad. Seems to have taken care of the rotation in AI too. 

hope it helps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Shift + H to use the rotating tool on your cursor and as you're rotating hold down shift in order to snap it back to 0°.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate this feature more than I can possibly express.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometime I find myself thinking, "Does Adobe even test their software before releasing?" 

Illustrator is what, 30 years old? Still with every new release there are more bugs than features, consistantly, and there haven't been any new useful feature for years. 

The only reason I am updating at all since 2015 is for their self-imposed bugs to be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I understand the good will behind this feature, however, I also find it really annoying when I'm trying to pan while selecting multiple items. I have never wished I could rotate my canvas in illustrator, and I would greatly appriecate an update to turn this feature off.

Honestly, I don't even use the rotate canvas option in Photoshop, but maybe I would if I did more digital painting. I always rotate the canvas in ProCreate on my iPad. Anyway, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I solved this problem by going to macbook System Preferences> Track Pad >Scroll and Zoom > Rotate and uncheck rotate with two fingers .

Hope this helps if there isn't already another solution that i have missed. 

Jo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe they've since made the rotation much less sensitive so an accidental gesture isn't quite an issue for me anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've seen the fix for Mac's, but has anyone found a solution for using Illustrator on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is the same on both platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give me an off button for this feature, it always happens when working on an intensive artboard or work file, mid-workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the thread. A preference was created some time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines