• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank Welcome Page Screen Illustrator 2021/2022

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just re-installing my laptop. I want to install my previous Adobe software like Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Everything's ok with my photoshop, but there's some bug with my Illustrator and InDesign. The welcome page is only dark grey without any button. I've tried many ways in solved posts but didn't work. How to solve this problem?

defaultqkbprlki0zhf_1-1644414522259.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

(Solved)

After several attempts, the problem is in my NVIDIA Settings. I have to change the preferred graphics processor for Adobe Illustrator to Integrated graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it also, but doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check out this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/blank-home-screen-on-illustrator-2020-on-wind...

It has a link to a thread concerning this issue on the Mac, and also the corresponding folder paths for Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i've tried it too, but can't solve this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw Illustrator and InDesign OS Support up to Windows 21H1 only, but I used the 21H2 version. Will it affect this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Solved)

After several attempts, the problem is in my NVIDIA Settings. I have to change the preferred graphics processor for Adobe Illustrator to Integrated graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and how did you change those Settings? Because I am experiencing exactly the same, but I can't even access the Preferences. If I click on them, nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @multireflex,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying the following steps and checking if they help:

- Close all Adobe applications.

- Navigate to the following folder:
(Windows) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
(macOS) Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

- Rename the UXP folder to UXP.old
- Relaunch Illustrator

Also, try performing a clean reinstallation of the GPU drivers (Intel / NVIDIA / AMD) and setting the Graphics Preference to High-Performance for Illustrator (https://adobe.ly/3M5Z3UM) and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...but I am a MacOS user, and none of these possible solutions I tried and they didn't work. I don't know how to change those NVIDIA preferences or what, my Illustrator f it's a later version than 27.1 open with that black screen and nothing reacts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines