• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DXF/DWG Plug-in Download

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently attempted to convert (export) a file to .dxf as I have 1000times, but the option was no longer in my drop down menu. Anywhere! I did some digging and saw to do a search under illustrator plug ins, specifically "illustrator formats".  It's not there! I did a search on my computer and it doesn't show up at all! I went to Adobe help and found the file for the updated plug in for dfx/dwg and it says to:

Installation instructions
  • Download the DFX/DWG plugin.

• For Windows, download DxfDwg.aip.
    • For Mac OS, download AiCS3dfx.dmg.
  • Quit Illustrator CS3 if it is running.
  • Mac Only: Mount AiCS3dxf.dmg to access the DxfDwg.aip file.
  • Navigate to the "Illustrator Formats" folder in the Illustrator CS3 installation folder.

• Default location for Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS3\Plug-ins\Illustrator Formats
    • Default location for Mac OS: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS3/Plug-ins/Illustrator Formats

Please be aware that the path names might be different on your machine if you have installed a non-English version of Illustrator CS3. In this case, please navigate to the appropriate corresponding folder.

• Remove the existing DxfDwg.aip file from this folder and move it to another folder outside of the Illustrator application directory. Renaming the file is not sufficient as Illustrator may attempt to load the file regardless of its filename/extension.
  • Copy the new DxfDwg.aip plug-in to the Illustrator Formats folder.
  • Start Illustrator CS3.

The only problem is, I can't find a file of the download anywhere. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but there is no link to download!!!!? HEEEEELP!
TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

I think the only way to get this feature is to download an older version 25.3 which you can do from the Creative Cloud app.

Find Illustrator in the list of installed apps. Under the 3 dots on the right select Other Versions.

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

@CassC1746 @waleed amer @BeDazzle @renél80416020 @Mike Witherell 

Illustrator Max-2023 (27.0) Update 

[Windows Update - no idea about Mac]

After this update you will get .dxf update in export panel. It is the first export option now.

No plug-in required.

VishnuThilakan_1-1666151760905.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this same issue. Figured out that if you try to Save As the dropdown for DwG doesnt exist, however, if you go to File-Export it does. I am running v23.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find the download link? I am unable to locate it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjourn,

Celui de la version CS6

[link removed by moderator]

Il y a sans doute un autre fichier en plus...

René

Nouveau lien

https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZE7VLZ2By5zGlN9k71teAAP1ihJkAQ301k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

facing the same issue here 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Are you working in a M1 Mac? If yes, the latest Illustrator version is M1 native and it removed the DXF and DWG export option but you can run Illustrator in rosetta mode and get those options again.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if it is available under the File > Scripts?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the only way to get this feature is to download an older version 25.3 which you can do from the Creative Cloud app.

Find Illustrator in the list of installed apps. Under the 3 dots on the right select Other Versions.

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real correct answer is that Export As - DWG has been restored in Illustrator 26.5.

Don't know why it was dropped but happy to have it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to export dxf from illustrator 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CassC1746 @waleed amer @BeDazzle @renél80416020 @Mike Witherell 

Illustrator Max-2023 (27.0) Update 

[Windows Update - no idea about Mac]

After this update you will get .dxf update in export panel. It is the first export option now.

No plug-in required.

VishnuThilakan_1-1666151760905.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED:  EXPORT OPTIONS RESTORED. DXF,DWG ETC......

My export options were very limited and did not include dxf, dwg. Everything I read everywhere claimed they should be there. I checked my creative cloud app. and read that my illustrator was up to date. I uninstalled anyway and re-installed and now I have all the save options including DWG. and DXF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CORRECTION-  I only have the option to export dwg, dxf when I tried a small object. When I try to export the file I need to export the options are gone again, Is there an export size limit to DWG ? My artboart size is 240 inches by 96 inches. There must be , because when I copy and paste aportion of my artboard into a new document this one 61"x 96:  it now has the options again to export dwg.  DEVELOPERS - Please enlarge the area we can work in and export to dwg from. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines