Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error loading plugins/ Missing Plugins while launching Illustrator on macOS

New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just purchased Adobe Creative Cloud and after saving a project on Adobe Illustrator CS6, I tried to open the program again and an error message is coming up, "Missing required plugins. PDF format.aip."

I checked the plugin folder and it is in there, yet I cannot open Illustrator.  The other Adobe programs work, it is just Illustrator.

Does anyone know how to fix this so I can open Illustrator and get to work.  Thanks so much!

Also, I have an iMac.  Thanks.

-Phil

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

The path to this plugin is at the following

/Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2021/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/Required/Plug-ins/Extensions

To show the Contents folder, right-click on Adobe Illustrator.app and choose "Show Package Content"

P.S.:- I have Illustrator 25.0.1 on a MAC 10.14.6 and it works just fine. 

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Manan Joshi..... August 2022 and the BNPlugin.aip continues to be a problem.  Thank you for this!  I tried the other solutions recommended by the Adobe professional and they didn't work.

Your instructions worked.  I wasn't able to "right-click" but I followed your path using the "Go > To Folder" menu, and changed Adobe Illustrator 2021 to 2022, and was able to find the BNPlugin.aip file.  I don't know what that plug in does (other than to cause issues) but I deleted it and all seems to be working

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could still try if resetting the preferences helps in this.

How to set preferences in Illustrator

If it doesn't, you might need to uninstall, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and reinstall.

Contact Customer Care if you want to first try other methods: Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution is for windows, need Solution for macOS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the complete page and did you try out everything?

If nothing helps, uninstall and reinstall. Run the Adobe Cleaner tool in-between. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ABC21520159v2kr,

We are sorry for the trouble. The help article shared above has multiple solutions. Some of them are windows only, but there are macOS solutions as well, like resetting preferences,  install or run Illustrator from within a new admin user account & launching in safe mode if you get the "Run Diagnostics" option on relaunching the Illustrator.

Additionally, you can try Monika's suggestion as well.

If this doesn't help, would you mind sharing the screenshot of the error you are getting and confirming the exact version of macOS & Illustrator? Also, are you using any third-party plugins or extensions?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Illustrator CC19 with today's update and now when I open up Illustrator I recieve these messages regarding plugin errors. If anybody can tell me how to update or uninstall them, as they recommend andpictured in the screen shots included, Please let me know. Illustrator will only run in Safe mode.

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 9.32.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 9.35.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you follow those instructions/guidelines and read about incompatibilities with you software and hardware.
You may alternatively go back to previous version from the Creative Cloud panel, open the button at right (used when updating)
You may also try to find where those .aip are located inside Illustrator folders. Cut them and placed them in other folder. Then restart Illustrator to find out if they are the only culprit, responsible, for the errors.
More risky is to uninstall Ai, restart the system and install, fresh, from zero. Though the problem may reappear if there are non compatibilities with your system, or that update has some bugs. (you can also install previous version)
I would strongly recommend you to follow that link and read about likely causes for those problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 5.26.12 PM.png

Hi, I'm an apple user and recently I couldn't open illustrator cc 2019. As soon as I turn it on, the screen above appears.

here is my system info:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Ram: 8GB

Gtaphics: Intel Iris Graphics 540

plz help.tq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was your last computer restart?

Did you already try and rebuild the preferences?

Did you already try to uninstall, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to rebuild the preferences? where can download the cleaner tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator version 2015.3 upon start says

Error Loading Plugins

Experimentation.aip

JPEGFormatUI.aip

Onboarding.aip

PNGFileFormat.aip

SmarExportUI.aip

svgFileFormatUI.aip

Then it goes into safe mode because of the Experimentation and Onboarding plugins.

I am on a mac El Captain, 10.11.6, and these problems started recently for me. My question is how can I fix them. How do I update the plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chemariachi,

You should clean uninstall and reinstall Illustrator. Please check this link for the CC Cleaner tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work, I have tried many times, and just decided to uninstall everything CC and reinstall, still did not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry to hear that. In that case, I'd request you to contact our support so that one of our representatives can work one on one with you and help you install the app. Here's the link with contact details: Contact Customer Care

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving this response again and again is not very helpful.  Obviously, the steps in help article are not sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving this response again and again is not very helpful.  Obviously, the steps in help article are not sufficient.

By @IrvW

Please create a new thread and describe your situation. I assume you are not using version CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @IrvW,

I understand that you're frustrated. I apologize for any inconvenience caused. If the steps mentioned in the help article were insufficient to resolve the missing plugin issue in Adobe Illustrator, would you mind sharing a screenshot of the error you are getting?
Also, as Monkia said, it will be really helpful if you describe the issue you are facing and confirm the illustrator version. This information will enable us to better understand and address the problem you are experiencing.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deleting the plugin that was identified as causing an error (BNPlugin), Illustrator 2023 will not load except in safe mode.  Sometimes I get an error report (see below) and sometimes I just get an arrow with the circling time indicator that then goes away without Illustrator starting.  In addition, Adobe Bridge 2023 now will not load on most instances, and instead I just get an arrow with a circling time indicator.  I'm running Windows 11, have had Adobe Cloud installed for years, and update only through the automatic online update through Adobe Creative Cloud.

I appreciate any assistance you can give.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing additional information about the issue you are facing, @IrvW.

To further investigate and resolve the issue, can you please share a few more details like:

• Are you using a Wacom tablet? If yes, what is the driver version?
  • Have you tried clean uninstalling the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstalling it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I do not use a Wacom tablet.
  • I prefer not to use clean uninstall and reinstall because of the time involved and because of losing all the settings I've customized over the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines