• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green circle with a plus sign

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recently encountered this green circle plus sign next to the arrows in Adobe Illustrator and it appears to kept appearing whenever I'm trying to move an object. Does anyone know what that is and how can I make it stop from appearing? as it seems that it has become a distraction for me limits my movements. Would really appreciate the help to enable it, Thanks!

unnamed.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Hi All,

I am glad to inform you this issue has been fixed in our latest release Illustrator v26.5.

Please feel free to reach out if the issue persists after updating.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same exact issue. It is completely random and happens when I try to drag an object. The green circle/plus sign pops up, the object stops moving with my cursor, then the object just shoots back to its original position when I release the mouse. It seems that zooming in/out or moving slower helps sometimes, but I'm just grasping in the dark to try and get the drag function to work properly, and since it is a bug, there is no real rhyme or reason to the glitch. Very annoying and disruptive to workflow. Will try to downgrade my version and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the Illustrator 26.2.1 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing a 26.2.1 update in Creative Cloud or online. Where are you seeing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated AI to 26.2.1 and for me the bug is gone.

You can find it in the creative cloud under update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is worse with the new update 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update just populated in the CC late last night. Hoping it's all fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

26.4.1 - Todays update still does this also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info. That was extremely annoying. I thought machine needed a restart or something. I could barely work, trying to build a logo with lots of the same parts. Was nearly impossible to get through the sketch phase with that going on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 imacs running Mac OS Big Sur and Catalina with up to date Creative Cloud and Illustrator 26.4.1 (Magic Mouse) updated yesterday and it still has this problem... making my job very frustrating to say the least... sort it out Adobe, this is not acceptable in the 21st century when we all pay so much for your products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a created a screen recording of the green plus sign behaviour. For me the green plus icon appears (with a "boop" sound) when shift dragging objects and disappears when releasing the mouse/shift buttons.

Here is the screen recording on Illustrator 26.4.1 on iMac MacOS Monterey 12.5. Apple Magix Mouse 2 and Apple Wireless Keyboard.

https://www.loom.com/share/a015b036d84f4034a62bfdc0fa157e5b

Hope this helps Adobe fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug appears at 0:31 and 0:55 in the video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue appeared earlier in v26.1 and later got fixed in v26.2.1, but it has resurfaced again.

The product team is aware of the issue & they have identified the issue and currently working on a fix. I would request you to upvote this UserVoice for updates and stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, you may install the older version of Ai v26.3.1.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul, 

Thanks for the reply. I hope they find a fix soon they latest version is unusable because of this. 

By the way that UserVoice thread is similar to the issue here and looks fairly old. Perhaps this one would be more accurate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BOOMFLY,

I assure you the product team is working hard on fixing the issue. The UserVoice I shared above is the one which the product team is monitoring and will post an update there once the issue is fixed.

Regards.

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the newest version of Ai 26.4.1  and I am facing the same issue! Are there any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vasilikivelli,

As I mentioned above, the only way to resolve the issue currently is to install the older version of Ai v26.3.1.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini ,

Thanks for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I see there is a new update out today - 26.5 - does this fix the issue above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @EdgeCreative,

Thanks for reaching out. We rolled out a new update yesterday (16 Aug) in a phased manner in these countries (India, Australia, Netherlands, Hong Kong, France, Germany, Canada, South Korea, UK & Italy). We have tried to address the issue in this release. Please update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the US?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Haley23722743qjee,

As of now, there is no official word on when the full rollout will be done. Usually, it takes 1 or 2 weeks to fully roll out the update globally. Please be patient and stay tuned for the updates.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue appears to be resolved, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that, @EdgeCreative. Please feel free to reach out if the issue resurfaces again or if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help. Thanks!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am glad to inform you this issue has been fixed in our latest release Illustrator v26.5.

Please feel free to reach out if the issue persists after updating.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines