Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gude log / Illustrator

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since the last Illustrator update three days ago, my computer (Windows 10) creates a gude-log file in the same folder every time I open an Illustrator file. Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a solution? Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Hi All,

I wanted to provide an update regarding the "gude log" file issue that has been affecting you all. As some of you may be aware, we have been working to address this issue.

We encourage you all to update to the latest Illustrator version (v27.3.1) and let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. A bug is logged for this, and the product team is investigating the issue.

Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45410827-can-t-do-changes-to-the-containing-folder-gude)?

In the meantime, you may try unchecking the Automatic Proxy from the Internet options and check if it helps.
Internet Properties > Connections> LAN settings> Uncheck Automatically Detect settings

Anshul_Saini_0-1664215564970.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is true for me, and I arrived here when I was researching.
If anyone knows, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, and I have my file saved to adobe cloud and it constantly states that it is "unable to sync" this gude file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when there are more people experiencing this new log-file, I can assume that its really from AI and nothing to fear? Just something annoying to delete regularly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me for a couple of weeks. Are there any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an issue with proxy on the network. Please follow the below steps 

If LAN setting then follow the step
Control Panel > Internet Properties > Connections tab > LAN Settings > Automatically detect settings > off
Windows > Settings > Network and Internet > Proxy > Automatically detect settings > offAnd for wi-fiWindows > Settings > Network and Internet > Proxy > Automatically detect settings > off

And for wi-fi connection

Windows > Settings > Network and Internet > Proxy > Automatically detect settings > off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello did everything as written did not help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it did not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also did this and it made no difference. The gude log file is still there everytime I open an Adobe app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is managed by your organization and cannot be changed.
Is there any other way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,our organization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not working for me. Uninstalled all the Adobe apps and re-installed, also updated them but still creating gude files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, we have never had this problem with Proxy on our end til few months ago. This is something Adobe needs to fix and send us updates. Tnx in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not obvious why I would want to change internet settings for all apps if it's only one app causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. A bug is logged for this, and the product team is investigating the issue.

Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45410827-can-t-...)?

In the meantime, you may try unchecking the Automatic Proxy from the Internet options and check if it helps.
Internet Properties > Connections> LAN settings> Uncheck Automatically Detect settings

Anshul_Saini_0-1664215564970.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are Windows 11. What the old windows. It's not helpful to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not only a problem with Illustrator, but with Photoshop as well! Each time I open a file it creates a gude.log That´s annoying and extremly slowing my work performance! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well! So not only do I get an auto-generated XMP file when I open an NEF file, now I'm also getting an auto-generated gude file as well?? Very frustrating...please remedy this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YUP, same thing is happening for me in Photoshop.  It's quite annoying Adobe.  Please fix this!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is a PITA, when I move a folder of images I've processed to the destination, I have to Quit Photoshop becasue the gude file is still open. My images are all closed. I also did a search of  .gude files and trashed them all. I don't need them. Photoshop, PLEASE clean up your log files if your going to put them in our work folders, and make them visibal, don't use voodo to make them invisible. (I have show hidden files on).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, with Illustrator only. Started a month or so ago. Changing the proxy settings as Anshul Saini recommended makes no difference. Any other ideas anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me when I open ANY file in photoshop.
Placing these files all over my computer like a virus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like a virus. EXACTLY. I've got gude files everywhere, desktop, and deeper. Chasing them is a killing productivity. Files are balking, acrobat threw a container app error without prejudice.

Getting really old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines