• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Turn Off That Annoying Tour Window?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked everywhere in the Preferences, but I cannot locate that horribly annoying Tour window that covers my work whenever I use Illustrator. Can someone show me how to turn it off (no, it's not the Welcome Screen...)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Hi all,

We're extremely sorry to hear about this trouble.  I understand how distracting and frustrating it could be. Ideally, it should stop once you close it. We're currently investigating is issue but unfortunately couldn't replicate this behavior at our end. 

We need your help replicating this issue. In case you are still facing this issue, please feeel free to send us a DM. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

This issue is listed as 'fixed' in version 25.4:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/kb/fixed-issues.html

If you have updated and are still experiencing it or something similar, it may be worth posting on the uservoice link in that page to give details, or alerting Srishti here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrensauer​ No turning off tool tips does not turn off the stupid TOUR windows. Match Photoshop and have a turn-off RICH TOOL TIPS. This is ultra annoying for someone using Illustrator since 1991. Adobe, stop solving problems that aren't there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EVERYONE!

Please visit this link, and let your feelings be known concerning TOUR POPUPS!

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/filters/new

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a suggestion elsewhere that closing the pop ups three times will stop them from re-appearing.
I don't recall what I've done, but I haven't seen those pop ups in Illustrator for a long time.
So maybe I did close them three times.

Try it, see if it works for you. I can't see any settings I would have switched off to deactivate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The popup tour is not appearing on my home computer, but on my work computer the bug appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2019\Support Files\Required\CEP\extensions and remove folder com.adobe.illustrator.OnBoardingForLearnPanel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that.  It doesn't come up with the initial popup asking me to take a tour of illustrator so guess that worked to some extent.  However it still asked me if I wanted to learn how to use libraries and set up different folders...  

Thanks for the tip.

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and also delete the folder com.adobe.illustrator.OnBoarding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALSO DOES NOT WORK - WHO ARE YOU POSTING SUCH CRAP ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you.
Take notice all you "Adobe Community Professionals" fooling people around...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does NOT work

Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2019\Support Files\Required\CEP\extensions and remove folder com.adobe.illustrator.OnBoardingForLearnPanel

By @dm-esc-del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me finally!! But for me it was the rich tooltips folder under Photoshop Required. Brilliant! Thank you sir!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry the one that worked for me was C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Required\www-butler as soon as I deleted the contents of that folder the problem was gone. So happy!!! Photoshop took super long to load the next time but then after that has since been fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue and I have a feeling Adobe will never resolve it. I'm going to guess their team are busy working on many new features, starting new things and never finishing what they started. These tool tips invade all their apps now. I've been working on a project in Indesign and every single time I go to open Margins and Columns, this giant animated tooltip appears. Every time, no matter how many times I open and close Indesign and that menu, every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This points to issues with your preferences file, because if you close that window once, it won't re-appear unless your preferences go corrupt and are reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it in another thread.  It's called the "Home Screen" and can be disabled in Preferences > General. Uncheck Show The Home Screen When No Documents Are Open. Similar preference settings are available in Photoshop and InDesign also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Home Screen question is not the same issue as the Tour question.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're extremely sorry to hear about this trouble.  I understand how distracting and frustrating it could be. Ideally, it should stop once you close it. We're currently investigating is issue but unfortunately couldn't replicate this behavior at our end. 

We need your help replicating this issue. In case you are still facing this issue, please feeel free to send us a DM. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Srishti Bali please tell us how to get rid of this extremely annoying pop-up!

Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 15.22.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UGH... dealing with this annoying thing now. It's so annoying. Mine is just a blue box with no words on it.

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 11.30.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly this has been a problem since 2017 so I am not sure if you are inept or stupid for asking for help on this issue in 2021.
SINCE 2017 your people have been "TRYING" to help with NO HELP being produced.
I think that the AI community is sick and tired of your insincere platitudes.
It would help IF you had the latest version of AI so that you could see what is happening instead of asking up to send you pictures.

Why am I upset? Because being patient with morons for 4 years who do NOTHING except act condescending to genuine complaints is wearing thin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a long hiatus from working in Adobe software I updated all the apps and discovered all these annoying blue boxes everywhere that won't go away. I saw this was an old post but was hoping there was a way to turn them off by now, obviously not.

@STOP-SPAMMING-ME I hope things get better for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why you aren't banned from here. Your presence here makes my Adobe experience worse than the software bugs ever have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Srishti Bali Perhaps you can give this problem to the Adobe guy that was asking why we use force quit to quit Illy when it won't quit when using the command quit/exit, he doesn't seem to have anything to do right now... it seems to be one of the least problems everyone is having, so best solve this first to ease him into it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed ai a few days ago and already this pop up is extremely annoying.  Not sure how you're having trouble "replicating" the issue. This has got to get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines