• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 25.4.1 getting stuck at initialization and unable to launch it since it got updated

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Update 25.4.1 Illustrator is always stuck while initialization. The only stable version I can start up is 24.3.1.

Does anyone have or had the same Problem and was able to fix it?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

We resolved the same issue:

1st Step, remove FontBook fonts with Serious errors

2nd Step, reset Global preferences by rename ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator folder to _old

3rd Step, which was successful, uninstall Sophos Endpoint.

4th Step, reinstated ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator folder

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Update - 

I wiped my C drive, reinstalled Windows, Nvidia driver, Creative Cloud. 

Illustrator opens fine. All apps are opening fine. Will test further.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall? And also use the cleaner tool.

Uninstall or remove Adobe Creative Cloud apps

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there are some bugs in new updates so it is better to use last working version...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this inconvenience. I would like to know if the steps suggested above by @sishamIAGD worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Operating System
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does manually resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, you may try opening the app in Safe Mode (Windows/ macOS) & Hidden Admin Account (Windows) / Root Account (macOS). Let us know how it goes.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We resolved the same issue:

1st Step, remove FontBook fonts with Serious errors

2nd Step, reset Global preferences by rename ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator folder to _old

3rd Step, which was successful, uninstall Sophos Endpoint.

4th Step, reinstated ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you and your team resolved the issue. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future, and we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Illustrator on Windows 10.

I have tried:

• Complete removal of all adobe programs and Creative Cloud, complete removal of all Adobe related folders and files - and reinstalling.
  • Used the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool 3 or 4 times.
  • I have tried all available versions of Illustrator that CC has available to download and install. None of those will start and run.
  • Removing preferences has not worked. Running safe mode has not worked. Variations on compatability options does not work.
  • Tried with Windows updates rolled back. Did not help

The last thing I can try, is to completely wipe my C drive, and do a fresh install - just to see if Illustrator will run. I don't want to do that.

All other Creative Cloud apps are working great. Illustrator has ceased to open, at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - 

I wiped my C drive, reinstalled Windows, Nvidia driver, Creative Cloud. 

Illustrator opens fine. All apps are opening fine. Will test further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you had to do that. I would like to know how the apps are performing now. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future, and we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its incredible anyoing and STUPID how $50/mo software must be fixed  from user side!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines