• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator cc 2014 grid snap problem

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Updating to the whole cc2014 suite last week, grid snapping in Illustrator has been terrible. Literally Nothing really snaps to the grid.

Does anyone share this problem? Anyone has a solution to this?

And Yes, i've turned off 'align to pixel grid'.

I'm working on a mac with OSX 10.9.3 running.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2014 Jul 05, 2014

It's not a bug.

New rectangles are always live rectangles. Live rectangles cannot be aligned to the pixel grid because it would break them.

What you need to do is convert your live rectangles to paths (using the command in Object > Shape) and then align them to the pixel grid (by checking the option in the transform panel). You can do this for all of them at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 104 Replies 104
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kobietae81367959 schrieb:

@bnortonwaverider23Ok, I turned off - https://i.gyazo.com/ce0dd99ea000c723880262d36f42412a.png

And...?

You're Nr. 97 in a thread where dozens of people posted dozens of different issues (some needed pixel grid on, some needed it off). Maybe it's even different versions. Now which is your problem? Do you want it on or off? You're dealing with a live shape which is again a completely different case. See the point? It makes no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika Gause I want turn on snap - the same, what the post's autor wants.

Yes, I read your answer him: "It's not a bug" and "using the command in Object > Shape". But I hoped, that Illustrator team has upgraded this feature since 2014, because it's really annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then maybe you should have specified this.

You will still need to expand the shape in order to be able to turn on Align to pixel grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have any resolve on this? I've tried many of the options here with no luck.

I'm completely unable to snap to points, as well.

This lack of being able to snap has really hampered my workflow. Everything from pattern design, illustration, UI layout, etc I can't seem to work properly anymore. The simple task of even placing two rectangles next to each other has become so tedious and/or takes way to many manual inputs to complete an otherwise simple task. This is debilitating! How is it that Photoshop's shape/point snapping is better than Illustrator and it's raster based software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How is this a thing!

It is insane that i am searching for "how do I snap to grid in illustrator"

And you got rid of fireworks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines