• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator PDF saying its not a PDF

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My illustrator file is saved to my desktop top with "create compatible PDF" checked in the save settings. But no PDF saves with it to my desktop. When i try and manually save it as a PDF (illustrator editing capabilities on), it saves with this thumbnail to my desktop and with a pdf extension:

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 2.50.53 PM.png 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version?

Which system?

What exactly is in the file?

When was your last computer restart?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC

Its basic vector shapes with closed paths

This morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something special with the folder you're saving to? Is that perhaps a synched folder?

Also: can you try and create a new file, just draw some shapes in it and save? Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, gave that a shot. No dice. Just drew an open path and some filled shapes and same thing with the thumbnail. Whats weird though is I opened the NEW PDF I just created in AI, and it opened fine, but i still received the thumbnail that said the same as above. However my other file, will not open. And for sure its just various paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third party plugins installed in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No =/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone will need to have a closer look at your system. Please contact Customer Care Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem and others in our shop having the same problem.

We cannot save to PDF. We have made sure that the program was set up correctly. It has nothing to do with the file. It's all our files. We cannot save them to PDF.

We are up to date on AI version as we are on cloud.

Need immediate fix. Adobe needs to fix it's a glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c,

Somehow it reminds me of this,

The Treachery of Images - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem and others in our shop having the same problem.

We cannot save to PDF. We have made sure that the program was set up correctly. It has nothing to do with the file. It's all our files. We cannot save them to PDF.

We are up to date on AI version as we are on cloud.

Need immediate fix. Adobe needs to fix it's a glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system and where are you saving your PDF?

Which options exactly?

What exactly does the error say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's illustrator and it's the same error as above. Mac system, either on our google drive or desktop it doesn't matter. I have walked through adobe's requirements. And it doesn't work. Ever since the last update. I'm on version 22.1

Illustrator PDF saying its not a PDF

This question is Not Answered.

cgodepskiLevel 1

My illustrator file is saved to my desktop top with "create compatible PDF" checked in the save settings. But no PDF saves with it to my desktop. When i try and manually save it as a PDF (illustrator editing capabilities on), it saves with this thumbnail to my desktop and with a pdf extension:

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 2.50.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Mac system exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seem to be some general issues with PDF on Mac OS:

https://tidbits.com/2017/01/02/sierra-pdf-problems-get-worse-in-10-12-2/

But you might need to contact Customer Care about this:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I'm having the same issue—"create PDF compatible file" has always been checked by default in my experience, and suddenly mine is unchecked. Would be great for Adobe to fix so that it stays put, whichever option you choose!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

Think I'm having the same issue—"create PDF compatible file" has always been checked by default in my experience, and suddenly mine is unchecked. Would be great for Adobe to fix so that it stays put, whichever option you choose!

When doing anything,always double check the options. Never rely on what you think might be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry, I wasnt getting mail notifications for a lot of my account stuff. I had 2 adobe account work/personal and now Im down to one. Apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cgodepski  wrote

So sorry, I wasnt getting mail notifications for a lot of my account stuff. I had 2 adobe account work/personal and now Im down to one. Apologies.

Is it sorted out yet, or is there still an issue?

Here is the thread online if you need to check it that way: Illustrator PDF saying its not a PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cgodepski  wrote

My illustrator file is saved to my desktop top with "create compatible PDF" checked in the save settings.

To confirm, “Create PDF Compatible File” is checked, correct? And you tried more than once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did any of the suggestions help resolve your issue?

Please update the forum if so. This will let us know if you still need assistance.

Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines