• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IllustratorGc.jsx script error while launching Illustrator 25.3

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated this morning to Illustrator 25.3 - as soon as the update was done this scripting error began appearing (every 30 seconds). .. Personally went back to 25.2.3 which has solved this issue. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.01.26 AM.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

We are investigating this issue and reached out to Logitech for permanent solution. Meanwhile users can try the below workaround.

Create a JSX file with the following content:

app.preferences.setBooleanPreference("ShowExternalJSXWarning", false);

Save the above JSX file. Now, go to File > Scripts > Other Script, and choose the newly saved jsx file.

This will suppress the warning dialog and run the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Hi all,

We hope the issue is resolved by now. If not, please update the logitech driver to latest version (9.40.75) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 187 Replies 187
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me Ashutosh! - Thank you. I am using a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse. Just updated to the latest software and the pop-up went away.

Thanks, . . . . Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just getting this weird message after updating to the latest version of AI.

"You are about to run the script contained in the file "illustratorGc.jsx". Are you sure you want to do this? or, select Learn more for information on using scripts in Illustrator and disabling this message. "

I keep canceling it and it keeps popping up.  I have no third party plugg-ins or scripts running in illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i belive it was logitech options...uninstalled it but latest version of illustrator is unresponsive to the point of being unusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. You may try using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing installation & reinstall once done.

For the script error, please install the latest version of Logitech Options. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error and got mad about Illustrator being unusable for several hours even I was busy.

One thing I tried was downgrading the program to 25.2.3 from the Creative Cloud and the problem has been solved. No annoying popup showing up.
Sad thing that I can't use the latest Illustrator version for now, but I bet Logitech is the one who should update Logi Options for this urgent bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and for me I am running MacOS Big Sur 11.4 with my Logitech MX Master 3 hardware.
I'm confident it has to do with the Logi Options since the file 'IllustratorGc.jsx' was found in
/Library/Application Support/Logitech.localized/Logitech Options.localized/Plugins/b230b36c-c624-40e3-a120-5486fdf4df0e/Content/LogiOptionsAdobe/jsx스크린샷 2021-06-10 오후 9.01.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello communicty,

One day I started my illustrator and suddenly i get this message every 5-10 seconds. I'ts really disturbing my woktflow. Can some please help me with this problem?

This is the message in english : 

"you are about to run the script from the stock "illustratorGc.jsx". Are you sure you want to do this? Select various sea information about using scripts in Illustrator and disabling this report."

if i click "Lees meer" (Read more), then i go to this page. But it can not help me solve the problem.

Kind regards,

Mandema

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The below dialog box continues to pop up - after almost any action.

If I scale something, change typeface, move something the box appears.

I click continue and if I then attempt another action it appears.

I've tried a fresh install.

I've deleted or preferences.

I'm on the latest CC and Illustrator update.

Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 11.40.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please check if you have an app installed called "Logi Options" or you have Logitech webcam. If you do, please update it to the latest version & let us know if it helps. 

Similar issue thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustratorgc-jsx-script-error-while-launching-illustrato...

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has solved the issue.

Thanks Charu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this message on some files over and over again, even after I closed them: "You are about to run the script contained in the file "IllustratorGc.jsx". Are you sure you want to do this? Or select learn more for information on using scripts in Illustrator or disabling this message". 
Once I open a file I get the message ad no mather what option I click it appears over an over again.

This is where the learn more button leads me:
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/illustrator/using/automation-scripts.ug.html

Help is very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post seems to suggest it is to do with Logitech options. Does this help?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/warning-message-about-script-running-in-quot-illustratorg...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I removed an reinstalled Logitech Options and now it seem to work for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing an issue where I continually receive a pop up message "you are about to run the script contained in the file illustratorGx.jsx" Regardless of whether I click cancel or continue I continue to receive the message. 

I have done the following to no effect

• Upgraded illustrator to the current version.
  • Deleted Illustrator Preferences
  • Upgraded OSX to 11.4
  • Upgraded Photoshop for good measure

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please check if you have an app installed called "Logi Options" or you have Logitech webcam. If you do, please update it to the latest version & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ashutosh, 

I've updated Logi Options already to no effect too. In fact, deleted and re-downloaded twice today already. Would appreciate some help. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I have no idea what this is, it keep popping up every 30 secs whether I hit cancel or continue or learn more.

I've never seen this before, so weird

Please help

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 5.05.34 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please check if you have an app installed called "Logi Options" or you have Logitech webcam. If you do, please update it to the latest version & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try solution from the following link

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/updated-to-illustrator-vr-25-3-scripting-error-appears/m-...

And let us know if it works for you.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I hope the issue is resolved by now. If not, please check out this help article ( https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-scripting-error.html ) for more details.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...I've updated to the latest Logitech app and the message it still appearing.  So have had to reinstall Illustrator 25.2.2 to hopefully stop the issue until whoever is responsible for the bug has it sorted.

Please advise as and when it's been done.  Many thanks, Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be worth signing up to the Logi Options+ software beta - I have just done so, and so far so good, no more messages. Out of interest are you running on an M1 Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines