• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IllustratorGc.jsx script error while launching Illustrator 25.3

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated this morning to Illustrator 25.3 - as soon as the update was done this scripting error began appearing (every 30 seconds). .. Personally went back to 25.2.3 which has solved this issue. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.01.26 AM.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

We are investigating this issue and reached out to Logitech for permanent solution. Meanwhile users can try the below workaround.

Create a JSX file with the following content:

app.preferences.setBooleanPreference("ShowExternalJSXWarning", false);

Save the above JSX file. Now, go to File > Scripts > Other Script, and choose the newly saved jsx file.

This will suppress the warning dialog and run the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Hi all,

We hope the issue is resolved by now. If not, please update the logitech driver to latest version (9.40.75) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 187 Replies 187
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it worked!!!  I signed up for Logitech Options + and once I'd loaded in and have it now running over the previous Logitech, no probs with Illustrator!

Thanks for your help.  I think it's worth sharing this with the wider community who are having the same frustrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there...I'm using an iMac late 2014 with Big Sur and all was OK until I updated to the latest Illustrator.  I'll check the link and see if that works.

Thanks for reaching out.  D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I've tried everything. Nothing helped. Installing the Logi Options+ beta software solved everything. So again; thank you Miles!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also removed the standard "Logi Options" and then installed the "Logi Options+ software beta" and this has solved the problem. But was frustrating getting this message every 5 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti...your link and information doesn't provide the solution.  I updated to the latest Logitech software and the pop-up still happened.
I've since provided the below to others who are experiencing the same problem and it may help whoever is responsible at Adobe / Logitech as it clearly needs to be fixed!!

OK...if you use any Logitech device...this is what's causing the problem.  So you're OK to update to the latest Illustrator.  Then open the Logitech app and top right where you can choHi ose apps for functionality...click this off, so no apps have specific functions applied.  This will stop the pop-up.

The problem is you have to have Illustrator open and then open Logitech and do the above...and this applies everytime you open Illustrator which is a pain but at least it's working and the pop-up has stopped.

Hoping Logitech and Adobe are talking right now to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray! No more endless soul-crushing warnings! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still persists. Im getting a popup all the time. I have the latest version of 8.54.147

I wish Adobe or Logitech would provide a solution that actually works.

The best option i can find is to turn off Application Specific Settings in Logi Options for now. Which disables all custom key mappings for illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did this work?  Curious as I want to update Illustrator to the latest version, so if this fixes the problem then I'll give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have latest illustrator and latest logi options and was still getting this issue.

what i did actually worked... which was disable application specific settings in logi options as pictures in screenshot attached to last post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turn off Application Specific Setting in Logi Option and i work fine now. Thx @blazets 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. I think just turning off Photoshop specific settings might also work (for those who like the application specific settings). I couldnt find illustrator so I assume they're linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution is AWESOME. You save me from ERROR POP-UP PARTY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody tell me how to stop this popping up all the time.

What I can find is to make a jsx file, but what is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here after updating Illustrator. Adobe please fix this asap. We pay a hugh amount of money for this feature overloaded piece of software. Stop playing around with features nobody asked for and focus on the core functionality - maybe your softwar would run much smoother...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help solve this problem? I never used scripts and I don't understand why it's asking this in the first place?

If anyone can let me know what I need to do to stop receiving this pop-up it would much help - Thanks 

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 12.35.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H,,

Please check if you have an app installed called "Logi Options" or you have Logitech webcam. If you do, please update it to the latest version & let us know if it helps. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustratorgc-jsx-script-error-while-launching-illustrato...

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Since the last update, a popup window appears each time I launch Illustrator: "You're about to run the script contained in the file "IllustratorGc.jsx. Are you sure you want to do that?""

if I choose to continue or cancel, the result is the same: the windows disappear and appears again few second later. Because of if I cannot simply work in illustrator!

I tried to delete the script folder located in "/Applications/Adobe lllustrator 2021/Startup Scripts/", my preferences and reinstall illustrator - nothing worked.

I attached the screenshot for reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quando uso la vesione normale ho un problema che ogni 5 sec mi esce fuori una scritta con scritto "Stai per eseguire lo script contenuto nel file IllustratorGc.jsx", impedendomi di lavorare con il programma, non riesco a togliere questo avviso.

mi potete aiutare è per caso un bug di illustrator?

io ho risolto usando la versione beta di Illustrator che l'errore non me lo da, ma preferirei usare la versione stabile e ufficile.

grazie mille

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is to do with Logitech Options, and the mods here are compiling every post into this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustratorgc-jsx-script-error-while-launching-illustrato...

Have a read and see if any of that is helpful. I haven't experienced this myself so I don't know any particular solutions firsthand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after upgrading to versions 25.3 and versions 25.3.1, a window appears in the program and no actions other than returning to the old version

help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines