Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making arrows in Adobe Illustrator

New Here ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I would like to make different arrows in Adobe Illustrator. First arrow would be "Harpoon arrow" with extended tail (that I could also bend - like on picture). The second arrow would be "Short thick arrow" (that I could form a circle with them - like on picture).
Thanks for answering!

Arrows.jpg

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Using your file I can reproduce that, but when I built one myself, it works. Maybe you just need to build a new one? Have attached my file

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the application folder in Support files > Ressources you can find a file called arrowheads.ai

In there you'll find an explanation of how to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika great anwser, helped me alot. Now i'm researching the ways of the arrows thorugh Youtube...

All the best 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you could get a step further. 

Please post to this thread if you can't find what you are searching on youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I made an arrowhead 40 like on the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcxodlwEN7A). The arrow 40 now has 3 squares combined into 1 line and that makes and arrowhead (see first picture). When I use this arrowhead 40 in a line the arrowhead appears wrong (see second picture). In the video she only makes an arrow head in Arrowhead.ai and then it works for her... Could someone please tell me how to make a harpoon arrow, that then appears right on both ends of a line?

Arrowhead n°40.jpgArrowheads.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That video is 15 minutes long.

So you don't get an arrowhead at all?

Or it is not working? What is not working?

Can you please upload your file and the arrowhead file? Change the file extension to PDF before uploading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an arrowhead 40 (you can find it at Symbols tab in Arrowheads pdf.pdf file). When I use it with "Line Segment Tool", it looks like at picture from my previous post - they are pointed downwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using your file I can reproduce that, but when I built one myself, it works. Maybe you just need to build a new one? Have attached my file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with your file 🙂

just it's upside down and appearing on wrong end. But no problem, I can select left side for right arrow and right side for left arrow. And I can then rotate the arrow upside down to make it work.

Thanks for uploading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad this solved it.

Still I'm not sure why yours is going wrong. Very weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines