• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object becomes pixelated when I apply grain texture

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I apply the grain texture effect, the objects are super pixelated. Whether it be a gradient mask or a regular object, they always turn out pixely and not that stippled look it should be.  Below is an example...the left image was originally a blue rectangle before the texture was applied, and the right is a gradient with the texture applied.

What am I doing wrong? These aren't zoomed in really far or anything either.

Asset 2@3x.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

check the resolustion if it is set to High from

Effect-> Document Raster effects settings

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check the resolustion if it is set to High from

Effect-> Document Raster effects settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any effects in AI from Effects Panel in below section are raster effects. Did you add that texture from Effects Panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I applied from textures panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show your original objects and your effects settings.

Also: how far you zoomed in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i changed the document raster effect settingd to high..still same problem..what do i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pixel based effect after all.

So when selecting a higher raster effect e´resolution you will get finer pixels, but still pixels.

So can you please show something and also tell us what you expect to happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! the resolution was not set to high. when i changed to high, it fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It was driving me nuts until I found your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have no idea if people are still having this problem, but none of the solutions below worked entirely for me. What did work: still go to Effects > Document Raster Effects Settings and under Resolution, even if its already 300 ppi and you're still having the pixilation issue, change it to anything on the Other setting (bottom of drop down), like say type in 600 ppi, and now it will load correctly. Not sure if this is a graphics card issue on my computer, but I'm sure someone else will have the same problem. Hope this helps!

adobe.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stephenb12860235  schrieb:

Hello, I have no idea if people are still having this problem, but none of the solutions below worked entirely for me. 

Everyone wrote the same as you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The specific issue I had is that the raster effects were confiemed set to High 300 ppi, and when creating an effect it would look great, but after applying some sort of additional effect (blend mode change, opacity, etc.) or moving & scaling, it would automatically change and look low quality, even on export, still with the correct, High 300 ppi setting. I found that after it "breaks" like this, if I go back to the settings and change it to another high value (like 600 ppi) it would somehow "refresh" and the effect would look correct again. I could even change it back to 300 ppi after 600 ppi and it would look correct. I'm not sure if this is a new bug, or maybe an issue with my specific hardware, but I landed here after my issue, so I thought I'd share my fix in case any one else had the same issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Keller34138219fcoj  schrieb:

Same here.

Please show a screenshot that includes the grain settings, the document raster effects settings, the appearance panel and of course the object itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines