Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print to Epilog Laser in AI

Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is a AI problem.

When sending files to an Epilog CO2 laser engraver encountering randomness on whether the entire image will print. This requires multiple times to re-send the files. When sending in Photoshop this is not a problem. As an example today when printing a 24X12 inch image and viewing in Epilog Job Manager only 17 X 11 was showing in Epilog Job Manager preview window. The occurence is so frequent the user has to go back and double check and often delete the file and re-send. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @westdr1dw,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind checking if Illustrator also behaves this way with other files and if updating the drivers for your Epilog device (https://www.epiloglaser.com/tech-support/epilog-drivers.htm) and restarting your computer helped resolve this issue?

If the issue persists, kindly share some more information, like the exact version of the OS and Illustrator, screenshots of the Print Settings used, and a sample file (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...) so that we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anubar;

I checked with Epilog since we have the latest driver from them. They were asking to check if we have the Student version of AI. I am fairly confident we have the full version vice Student. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been encountering the same issue. Even worse the media size is inverted and every time you go to the seetings they have reset to a default. Did you get any responce about this issue on the forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, however in frankness I have not had an opportunity to get back to engraving within the past several months. Good luck with your project. If you have any questions on converting pictures to drawings for engraving I can try to answer them. Most of my images are of landmarks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines