Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Capitalize and Fit" for Illustrator?

Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curiouser and Curiouser. 

Adobe Creative Cloud Express (Formerly Spark) has this handy dandy little feature where you can "capitalize anf fit" any text to the text box. I have seen other posts in other communities wishing this feature would be added to Illustrator. Alas, Adobe has not yet listened.

My question is, is there a way to achieve this easily in Illustrator? It's quite tedious as it is.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Thanks for including these links! These are certainly similar, but not identical to what I am trying to do.

After much research, the short answer seems to be that this is not a feature Illustrator currently has. The best way I have found to do this, personally, is to just use separate text boxes and adjust them to my liking.

Thanks for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 2 discussions of this issue on the forum boards:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/script-to-resize-text-to-fit-box/td-p/1033322...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/fit-bounding-box-to-text-in-illustrator/m-p/1...

I will leave it to you to decide if you find these solutions easy or if the way you already do it less tedious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for including these links! These are certainly similar, but not identical to what I am trying to do.

After much research, the short answer seems to be that this is not a feature Illustrator currently has. The best way I have found to do this, personally, is to just use separate text boxes and adjust them to my liking.

Thanks for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I was afraid of that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines