• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on hand tool in all Adobe programs

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly the hand-tool (hand) is turned on and stuck. I pressed the space bar many times, but issue do not let go. Switching to other instruments does not work, but menus and hotkeys do. This behavior in Al, ID, I even installed the AI beta, everything is the same. All the latest versions.

Demo:

Hardware:

MacBook Pro 2019

Intel + AMD

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 18.10.38.png

Did not help:
- Reset settings
- Uninstalling/installing Al via cloud
- Reboot in Safe Mode, start AI and reboot again.

- I found tips to disable mac OS dictation. But I don't have it enabled.

Rebooting the computer temporarily helps, but then the problem returns.

Contacted in the end to tech support. The support connected via a special program for remote access.
In Activity monitor completed all processes where Adobe and Creative is mentioned. Started Cloud, then Al.
And sort of clicked the space bar a lot and everything went ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It appeared again though. I opened the virtual keyboard, clicked the space bar and so far it began to work.

But another issue arose when all the instruments were turned on one at a time.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

I have found the cause of the error - the LangSwitcher app for correcting the wrong keyboard layout (it has been working incorrectly since version 2.30.0, the developer is already aware of the problem).

To fix the bug, you need to disable Start with Login in the program, close the app and restart the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

I found the details of the bug: if you use double Shift key switching, the program copies objects as svg and presses all characters as hotkeys. Demo with Keycastr:

The solution that worked for me: change the manual switching from Shift key to Control key (or another key that you don't press so often).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using a virtual keyboard?

Any kind of special devices attached?

Some third party apps interfere with Illustrators modifier keys. Is any of these running?

• WebRoot
  • Apple Terminal
  • Word, Excel, Powerpoint
  • »Enable Full Keyboard« in Settings > Accessibility > Keyboard on Mac OS
  • Apple Mail, Outlook
  • Spacebar is used as a shortcut by the system
  • Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari
  • Wacom Desktop Center, Wacom settings
  • Windows Touch Pad problem
  • LastPass, Bitwarden (password managers)
  • The VPN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything works correctly in all other programs. I don't use any of the programs with a virtual keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was not my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a virtual keyboard or external devices.

I even tried to connect an external Bluetooth keyboard. But the problem persists, it doesn't work.

Of all the programs listed, I have only Word/Excel/PP and Chrome. I've turned them off and shut them down, but it has no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Same for me. I only have Chrome from the listed above progrmas. 
As for now I found the workaround to be able to continue using adobe apps: I activated virtual keyboard and have to click spacebar manually on it from time to time in order to get rid of a hand tool. The problem returns like in 1-2 hours, especially when swithcin from one program to another (Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another impportant thing to mention: 

in AE the hand tool is not active all the time, it comes up only when I move the cursor to switch between panels or close one. No matter in which window or panel. Other than that I an able to work normally. 
at the same time, in Illustrator the hand tool is active all the time and I can  do nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the cause of the error - the LangSwitcher app for correcting the wrong keyboard layout (it has been working incorrectly since version 2.30.0, the developer is already aware of the problem).

To fix the bug, you need to disable Start with Login in the program, close the app and restart the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks a lot. I do have this program as well. 

Hope he'll fix it soon 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I found this issue too, the developer even fixed this issue. Allegedly. Updating no position is still the cause of the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Unfortunately the issue still persists. The update of the Lang Switcher didn't fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your work, using a virtual keyboard is the only solution for me.

Now waiting for LS update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Same thing happened to me yesterday. All as described in your case. 
I'm on Mac Pro M1 Max 2021. Problem started on Ventura, I updated to Sonoma and also updated every Adobe app. 
Restarting. Rebooting. Safe modes. All kind of tricks didn't work. 

At the moment I've tried pressing spacebar on a virtual keyboard - as you advised - it seems to help, but let's see how long will it last. 

thanks for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the details of the bug: if you use double Shift key switching, the program copies objects as svg and presses all characters as hotkeys. Demo with Keycastr:

The solution that worked for me: change the manual switching from Shift key to Control key (or another key that you don't press so often).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines