• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The menu right-click in Illustrator is misplaced and pops up outside the window.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstall and reinstall, and the problem remains the same. I don't know what the reason is.

I hope you can help find the reason, thank you very much!

Snip20210621_26.pngSnip20210621_25.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to inform you all that the product team has addressed this issue in the Beta build 27.9.0.5 or newer. I've tested it on my end and couldn't reproduce the issue. Would you all mind installing this version from the CCD Beta Apps section and let us know if it fixes the problem at your end?

Anshul_Saini_0-1690226664502.png

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct for visibility

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have multiple monitors attached?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. There is an external monitor, but there is no such problem before. I guess that it has something to do with macOS12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look forward to your reply, thank you! I've been waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is rather common when external monitors are attached.

So you also have Monterey installed? Is that even out of beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm using the Montery beta.

WX20210624-171722@2x.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's never a good idea to have beta software on production systems, but I guess you have to live with it. You can try if changing the monitors (first/second) or their positions makes it better, but that's probably it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey is no longer beta. The issue continues with OS Monterey full release. It's most likely an issue with illustrator. All the other Adobe apps run correctly. To the best of my knowledge Adobe has not released updates for Monterey yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed today in version 26!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't fixed... Still have the missplaced right-click menu... Any suggestion?

Latest Illustrator version

Latest MacOs version

iMac 5K 2017 i7 27" 40GB Ram 1TB 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, it was perfect on the 25th version, then it updated to 26 and the problem started... Now that I want to go back to 25 it shows the same issue as before, but now 26 seems ok but it's running quite slow on my machine, so I would like to keep my old version with the right click fixed... 

Adobe must work on more efficient apps instead of adding 2 or 3 dumb features every year...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Screenshot 2022-05-17 at 18.18.21.pngScreenshot 2022-05-17 at 18.18.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @padelsberg,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind confirming the exact version of your macOS?

Does updating to macOS v12.4 resolve the issue?

Also, have you tried resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html)?
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Anshul_Saini 

I have the same problem (as I mentioned above). Everything is up to date (illustrator and Monterey) I also tried the "preferences" suggestion but nothing works...

iMac 5K 2017 i7 27" 40GB Ram, 1TB SSD, 4GB Video Ram

It has been 7 months where people are reporting this issue... Illustrator seems to be delivering updates without solving this one.

Thanks a mill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hanzmade,

Thanks for sharing the details. We are unable to replicate the issue on our end. I tried reproducing the issue on multiple Macs but couldn't. Would it be possible for you to try a few things to resolve this:

• Try running the app in a new admin user account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac)
  • If it doesn't work as expected in the new user account as well, I will suggest a clean installation of the whole Creative Cloud. Here are the steps to clean install Adobe Creative Cloud & its apps
    1. First, follow the steps mentioned in this help article Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.

2. (Clear user library) Shift + CMD+ G [Go to Folder]~/Library
       - Delete folder:~/Library/Application Support/Adobe & any com.adobe files in the Application Support folder
       - Delete folder: ~/Library/Caches/Adobe & any com.adobe.plist files in Caches folder
      - Delete folder: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe & any com.adobe.plist files in the Preferences folder

3. (Clear system library) Shift + CMD+ G [Go to Folder] /Library
       - Delete folder: /Library/Application Support/Adobe & any com.adobe files in Application Support folder
       - Delete folder: ~/Library/Caches/Adobe & any com.adobe.plist files in Caches folder
       - Delete folder: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe & any com.adobe.plist files in Preferences folder

Try clean installation of the whole Creative Cloud app. Here are the steps to clean install Adobe Creative Cloud & its apps:

Note: By doing this, all the preferences, files, third-party plugins, and any older versions (Like CS5, CS6, Illustrator 2020, or any other app such as Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, etc. will be removed).

Let us know if it helps. I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thanks for the help Anshul... But after doing carefully everything you mentioned I still have the same issue, and my MacOs is up to date (no beta versions) so 12.4

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is not fixed at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hanzmade,

Thanks for trying the steps. Its looks like we need to check it over a remote session. Would you mind sharing any two suitable dates & time frames for a call, along with the Time Zone, Adobe ID, and contact number? If yes, please share this info over the DM, and I will arrange a callback to further investigate the issue.

Also, I would like to inform you that v25.X.X (2021) will work correctly on macOS Big Sur only and will face right-clicking issue on any version of macOS Monterey.

Right-click will work as expected in v26 (2022) on macOS Monterey.

If you have the right-click issue in v26.3.1 running on macOS Monterey v12.4, then please share the contact details over DM only. Thanks!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running on mac m1 macbook pro with  os monterey beta and latest update of illustrator, I have the same issue, the right click just pops up always in the bottom letf corner, its a bit annoying, but doesnt stop from using it, Not sure if that has to do with switching to monterey beta or illustrator version though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report the problem to Apple, because that's what beta is for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here.. this is biggest headache while working in illustrator..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the exact same problem on Monterey Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with displaced menu.  It happens when unchecked Application Frame. I used Ventura and a 5k Apple Studio Display. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @totaison2,

I understand that you are encountering an issue with the menu right-click in Adobe Illustrator being misplaced and popping up outside the window when the "Application Frame" is unchecked. I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you. To better assist you, could you please provide some additional information?

• What operating system (OS) are you using, and what version of Adobe Illustrator are you currently running?
  • A screen recording or screenshots that demonstrate the issue for better understanding?

With this information, I will be able to better understand your situation and provide you with relevant assistance to resolve the issue with the misplaced right-click menu in Adobe Illustrator.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines